BCD436HP Control and Monitoring Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

Are there any freeware or payware programs to virtually view and control the BCD436HP scanner?

I use Windows large fonts and neither Proscan or Butel programs will work correctly per their authors.

I am now using ScannerScreen to view my hits and ID Tracker III.

I used to have a program called Scanner Monitor but it will no longer work.

Thanks, Bob.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Have you reached out to Bob on the ProScan thread? He’s quite helpful and usually addresses bugs and issues quickly it seems.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I hope you find something but I believe it's impossible to make the program appear larger within the program itself. The problem is when increasing the font size of each control (label, textbox, button, combobox, grid, etc), the controls will overlap and you will just see a jumbo mess.

The reason Scanner Monitor works is because it's a html web page. Using a Web Browser with the ProScan Web Server will show a larger display.

Making the program larger has to be done from the "outside" using a magnifying program. How they work is by taking a screenshot at 100 milliseconds intervals then increasing the size of the bitmap then displaying the bitmap.

If using Win 10, it can be done by changing the Display - Scale and layout - Change the size of text, apps, and other items .

BobFam

Thanks Bob. That's why I was asking if there was any other program. I am running WIN7 and need the large fonts as my eyesight demands it. You and Butel have told me that neither virtual display will display properly. Bob.

BobFam

Thanks. That is not the problem. I run WIN7 with medium font size (125% of normal). Both Butel and Bob at Proscan say that the virtual display will not display properly with medium fonts set in WIN7. I do not want to reset my WIN7 font sizes just to run either program. Bob.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
Are there any freeware or payware programs to virtually view and control the BCD436HP scanner?

I use Windows large fonts and neither Proscan or Butel programs will work correctly per their authors.

Thanks, Bob.
ARC536Pro ($) from Butel Software 👍

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Thanks, Bob.

Bob:

Another way to approach it is to lower the display resolution in your Windows setting. As you lower the resolution the graphics will display larger on the screen. Depending on your monitor you should have a selection of resolutions as well as aspect ratios. Experiment to find what works best for you. You can make the scanner go full screen using this method and still maintain the proper display from both ProScan and Butel. The lower numbers give a bigger display. Let us now if you need additional help with this.

Bill

1599698956987.png
1599699037675.png

BobFam

ARC536Pro ($) from Butel Software 👍
ARC536Pro will not allow the virtual display with WIN7 medium fonts. This is straight from Butel, or I would have bought it. Thanks, Bob.
Bob:

Another way to approach it is to lower the display resolution in your Windows setting. As you lower the resolution the graphics will display larger on the screen. Depending on your monitor you should have a selection of resolutions as well as aspect ratios. Experiment to find what works best for you. You can make the scanner go full screen using this method and still maintain the proper display from both ProScan and Butel. The lower numbers give a bigger display. Let us now if you need additional help with this.

Bill

View attachment 91121
View attachment 91122
Thanks. I understand that. I do NOT want to reset my display resolution or my WIN7 font sizes just to run either Proscan or ArcPr0536. Bob.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I understand that. I do NOT want to reset my display resolution or my WIN7 font sizes just to run either Proscan or ArcPr0536. Bob.

If you have a dual-monitor video card, or if you get one (assuming you have a desktop PC) you can set each monitor one with it's own settings if you wanted to do that. The monitors do not have to be the same either.

BobFam

If you have a dual-monitor video card, or if you get one (assuming you have a desktop PC) you can set each monitor one with it's own settings if you wanted to do that. The monitors do not have to be the same either.
Thanks. I do not have 2 monitors or any space for a second monitor. Bob.

Ubbe

Have you tried Unidens free RH-536HP mkII program? It uses a very large font size. It doesn't have any audio function so that has to come from the scanners own speaker.

/Ubbe

BobFam

Thanks. No I have not looked at it. I'll check into it. I have a 436HP not a 536HP.

What does it do? (Virtual control on screen, logging)? Bob.

Ubbe

BobFam

Ubbe when I ran it it locked up my computer and I had to CTRL-ALT-Delete to close it. I had my 436 in serial mode when I ran it. I guess it will not work with my scanner and WIN7 64 bit.
Does anyone know if it will work with my setup and if so, how.
Thanks, Bob.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
This is most likely gonna sound like a dumb question but...
Have you ever tried the built in Windows Magnifier instead of trying to manipulate the scanner software and all the screen and font sizes. :unsure:

This is what ARC536Pro looks like on my screen using the magnifier..
1599771629159.png
This is the full screen view I can see using the magnifier.

Ubbe

Ubbe when I ran it it locked up my computer and I had to CTRL-ALT-Delete to close it.
That's strange. I just run that program with a portable SDS100 and it worked just fine.

I have Win7 Home 64 bit and I have set the compability for that program to Windows Vista.

I connect the USB cable and look in the control panel for hardware devices which comport the scanner uses. It doesn't seem to matter what baudrate I choose in the program when it starts up. I can use all the settings available.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.