BCD436HP crashing, possibly related to DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Lately my BCD436HP has been spontaneously rebooting, sometimes as often as every 5 minutes but usually only once an hour. It suddenly quits and goes through a boot-up cycle and starts scanning again, but it loses all the Avoids and the recording has to be restarted. If the cord is plugged in it doesn't ask about going into data mode. I've been trying everything to figure out what's triggering it, and I think I know.

I've been scanning with an emphasis on DMR because that's where the RRDB needs the most work. Usually the TG listed on the scanner is a short integer, but sometimes it is so long that there is no space between "TG" and the number on the display. A couple of times I've seen it crash when the scanner timed out on one of these extra-long TGs - like maybe as it's trying to write the header and close the audio recording. Maybe there's a bug there that needs to be fixed.

Has anyone else had the BCD436HP spontaneously reboot like this, and if so were you scanning DMR?:confused::confused:

freqseeker

Most likely a SD card error. Search these forums and you will find a lot of issues caused by a corrupt SD card. Try to reformat the SD card and use clear user data in Sentinel, or just use clear user data first. I doubt DMR is a problem but start with that first.

Vince.

troymail

Silent Key
Yup - sounds like the SD is either full or needs reformatting... The rebooting is either a bug or poor handling of SD card processing by the x36 radios.... another issue Uniden won't acknowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.