BCD436HP display Is Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodrat

Well, I gave my dad his new scanner. Second time he went to turn it on, he had a finger on a button and now the display is blank. Light can still be turned on and still scans but no idea how to get the display back on. Manual doesn't explain how. Any help on this would be awesome!

whsbuss

Well, I gave my dad his new scanner. Second time he went to turn it on, he had a finger on a button and now the display is blank. Light can still be turned on and still scans but no idea how to get the display back on. Manual doesn't explain how. Any help on this would be awesome!

Check to see if somehow the contrast is messed up. Its in the manual.

woodrat

Thanks whsbuss. Would be hard to do because the display is not visible. Can't see the functions to enter.
Thought I would try it on my scanner and relized I could just write down the beep count. This is how I will try it on my dads scanner.

1) Turn scanner on.

2) Wait for beep.

3) Press "menu" button on the side and it will beep.

4) Turn dial on top to the right slowly and stop on the 13th beep.

5) Then press "yes".

6) Then turn dial on the top to the right and stop on the 1st beep.

7) Then press "yes".

8) Then turn dial on top to the right and see if it brings back the contrast.

9) Choose from 1(lightest) to 15(darkest).

10) Then press "yes".

11) Then press "menu" a few times to go back to scanning.

dcriner

When all else fails, connect the scanner to the Sentinel software, click on Scanner and then Clear User Data. Disconnect the scanner and go through the initial setup again like you did when you first took it out of the box.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Before clearing everything go into the Sentinal software and set appropriate contrast in that program then write to scanner and see if it corrects the problem. That way you won't lose everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.