BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436HP DMR Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
On my BCD436HP I have a favorites list of 3 DMR repeater frequencies. I had my scanner recording all day but this afternoon when I got home and checked it their was 0 recordings. I have the county jail as one of the ones programmed. I can get my Baofeng and go to that frequency and I can hear the DMR noise every time someone talks but nothing is coming though the scanner at all its not even popping up as something is coming over that frequency.

(I have the DMR upgrade as well)

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
I'm still not getting anything from it. I might just not be in range of the jail. I don't live that far away just 6 miles. I can receive it pretty good on the Baofeng but not getting anything on the 436

LCTTA2018

Feed Provider
No I don’t. I will try to go outside when ever they start taking again and see if I can pick something up or I will go down there in a few days and see if I pick something up. I was outside earlier waiting for them but it started to storm so I came back in

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The stock antenna isn't all that great, but make sure the scanner is actually scanning the frequencies.

Ubbe

Change the programming of the frequencies to both analog and digital type and set Digital Waiting Time to zero. Then you hear on the recordings, or live, if you actually receive any signal. If the signal are strong enough it will automaticly switch over to digital. Set color code and timeslot to Any and double check that the service type are enabled. When you have it set to analog/digital you can open the squelch and the scanner should stop on the DMR frequencies if you have all scanning parameters setup correctly. With the SQ open, turn the scroll control to check what the scanner are actually scanning.

/Ubbe

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Some users switch off service types to avoid hearing certain agencies (though they're programmed in, the scanner skips over them) For example I do this when I'm in a different area and enter zip code to hear local stuff. If I don't want to hear utilities, schools, etc I'll simply set the service type "off". Programming new favorites does not re-enable the service type if switched off

Status
Not open for further replies.