BCD436HP DMR Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa1vei

Has anyone been through the DMR Upgrade process with the BCD436HP. Easy or difficult? Any pitfalls?

Thanks,

Paul

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been through the DMR Upgrade process with the BCD436HP. Easy or difficult? Any pitfalls?

Thanks,

Paul
It's a very quick and simple process, only takes a few minutes.

First, be certain you have the latest version of the Sentinel software on your computer, and then be certain you have the latest firmware version in your scanner, then....

Register your scanner at my.uniden.com. Follow instructions there to purchase the digital key for the DMR upgrade. Enter the key through the scanner's menu system. Done.

Step by step instructions here:

Register your scanner and purchase the upgrade key here:

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Forgot to ask. What is cost?
-

3 upgrades are available..... the pricing directly from Uniden:

DMR = $60
NXDN = $50
ProVoice = $49.99

Plus tax if applicable in your State.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Yup, was very easy. No issues at all. Make sure to save your key in a safe place, print it and also save it to your cloud, your phone, etc. I like to keep copies in multiple places.

Depends on where you live, but DMR was the most useful to me, NXDN doesn't see much use but I do have it, and Provoice is obsolete but some places still have it in use. The subway system near me still uses it but that's literally it, so I didn't bother getting that upgrade.To my knowledge a lot of trains are switching to using NXDN anyways

Have fun

wa1vei

Yup, was very easy. No issues at all. Make sure to save your key in a safe place, print it and also save it to your cloud, your phone, etc. I like to keep copies in multiple places.

Depends on where you live, but DMR was the most useful to me, NXDN doesn't see much use but I do have it, and Provoice is obsolete but some places still have it in use. The subway system near me still uses it but that's literally it, so I didn't bother getting that upgrade.To my knowledge a lot of trains are switching to using NXDN anyways

Have fun
Thank you. Appreciate the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.