BCD436HP DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFD115

Hello, new to the DMR way of things. Purchased a new BCD436HP, updated the firmware, purchased and installed the DMR feature and updated the Sentinel database. Still no luck with hearing the local Law/Fire/EMS channels. I used the Zip code finder for the search. I do see a database here on Radio reference and see that someone said it can be downloaded into Sentinel. Do I have to be a premium subscriber to do that? Location: Mississippi, Lauderdale County. Locals use the MotoTurbo system.
Thanks.

royldean

Sentinel grabs it's database from RR. Just update the database in Sentinel, and then force write the full database to your 436. I would suggest going through the state/county/etc. information and selecting specifically what you want to scan, and place it in a favorites list.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Sentinel grabs it's database from RR. Just update the database in Sentinel, and then force write the full database to your 436. I would suggest going through the state/county/etc. information and selecting specifically what you want to scan, and place it in a favorites list.
This system is in the database:
ComSouth Meridian UHF Trunking System, Meridian, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies
However, it is likely not in Sentinel as there are no identified talkgroups listed. For a system to show up in Sentinel, at least one identified talkgroup must be present.

Maybe I'm wrong - but I didn't thinlk the RR/Sentinel interface was working yet for DMR - could be wrong though.

I didn't see it in Sentinel. If not, maybe someone with someone with Proscan could grab it and email you an HPE export.
It does for documented systems where frequency & talkgroup information is present, like this one:
Megahertz Technology Trunking System, Dallas/Fort Worth, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

For the system in Lauderdale County, ComSouth Meridian UHF Trunking System, Meridian, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies, you would need to manually create it in Sentinel until such time as talkgroup ID's are submitted to the database.

Once you manually enter the system & site information, leave the color code selection to search,as the site info does not specify it. I would also suggest that you do the LCN search in the Analyze option, to verify if those numbers are correct.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Use this to find DMR frequencies and follow the instructions on how to copy and paste them into Sentinel:

Digital Frequency Search

I have set up a separate favorites list with just my area DMR frequencies in them for monitoring. That way, as he updates this database, I can simply paste to my existing favorites list and update the scanner.

MFD115

Thanks for all the help as I've tried everything posted here and some others I've found elsewhere. The local Law/Fire/EMS must have a private/concealed signal that no one can monitor. I can monitor some others in neighboring counties but not the locals. As far as I'm concerned I now have a $500+ paper weight.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the help as I've tried everything posted here and some others I've found elsewhere. The local Law/Fire/EMS must have a private/concealed signal that no one can monitor. I can monitor some others in neighboring counties but not the locals. As far as I'm concerned I now have a $500+ paper weight.

Create a Favorites list. Create a System as conventional. Create a Department under that System. Paste the below into that Department. You can scan the frequencies and hear DMR activity on those frequencies. Until the RR database is populated it's your best bet to hear activity.

451.5125MHz - 451.5125 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
451.8250MHz - 451.825 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
452.0875MHz - 452.0875 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
452.3625MHz - 452.3625 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
452.7375MHz - 452.7375 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
461.9000MHz - 461.9 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
463.3250MHz - 463.325 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off

blackcloud08

Premium Subscriber

Do what sibbley is saying to do, you don't have a paper weight. There are many frequencies you'll be able to get if you set it up right.

Create a Favorites list. Create a System as conventional. Create a Department under that System. Paste the below into that Department. You can scan the frequencies and hear DMR activity on those frequencies. Until the RR database is populated it's your best bet to hear activity.

451.5125MHz - 451.5125 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
451.8250MHz - 451.825 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
452.0875MHz - 452.0875 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
452.3625MHz - 452.3625 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
452.7375MHz - 452.7375 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
461.9000MHz - 461.9 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off
463.3250MHz - 463.325 FM NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 3 None Off

x2, do this MFD115. MFD115 you have to also make sure you go and edit the profile and make sure you have the MONITOR checked ON and DOWNLOAD checked ON or otherwise the favorites list won't write to your scanner and scan them.

MFD115

Sorry, but I have done all that have been proposed and still nothing. I don't know what else to do. Thank you to all that have helped.

MFD115

Thanks to everyone. I do think I need a better antennae as I went into the downtown area and was able to monitor Fire and EMS. Maybe the Police have theirs so it is not detectable.
Any preference for an antennae that is should look for?
Again, thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.