BCD436HP- Fail to display Unit ID on phase 2 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I only have 1 P25 system in my area with phase 2 TDMA and maybe that isnt the problem but I notice on this system that while scanning, if audio is passed, the unit ID does not display most of the time. On other P25 systems it behaves. On motorola and EDACS systems this is not the case. Just this one particular system. If I hold on a talkgroup of that system, unit ID will display only if the radio picks up the very beginning of a transmission. On the motorola type II system, if I hold on a talkgroup, it passes audio, then I go to another talkgroup, even if the first talkgroup is still transmitting and I manually go back to it, the radio will not even pick it up.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Oh yes, the PSR 800 displays UIDs quickly on that P25 system. And if it cuts out and comes back because of multisite, the UID usually comes back too. Its not the system, just maybe how the radio handles it?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

This is something I would like to see addressed in the next firmware upgrade if possible.

emtLarmy15

I can't say for sure but I suspect that the uid is sent in the beginning of the transmission and if that's missed then you won't get it. My EDACS radios for work & FD do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
My 536 is terrible at decoding RIDs on TxWARN's Phase-II towers. With S9+ on tower 3-003 [Houston Public Safety Southeast Simulcast], I rarely get RIDs. The audio isn't much better, though.

troymail

Silent Key
I believe P25 systems are transmitting the IDs in the data with the voice activity. Non-P25 systems only make the id available in the control channel and must be detected/grabbed before the radio switches to the voice frequency (I believe).

It appears that both the PSR800 and the x36's will try to pick out and display/use the UID both at the start and during the activity. However, from what I'm seeing, the PSR800 is catching and displaying it more often/faster (actually the 800 seems to be doing many things faster).

I have one RID set up to light the LED and alert when it becomes active and I regularly hear/see the indicators that the 536 is finding the UID in the middle of a dispatch because rather than hearing the alert at the start of the audio, it appears in the middle of the dispatch (odd).

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

Troymail, that may be true, but how come in mid-transmission on the same frequency the 436 properly reflects the change in RID between unit and base on the Motorola Type II system and P25 FDMA standard system but not the P25 phase 2 system.

troymail

Silent Key
I am far from an expert on this but I suspect it's because it's P25 voice.

My local system is a Type II Moto and it has mixed analog and P25 voice. Only the P25 digital voice TGs will do what you've described - the analog TGs only show what was caught at the start of the activity.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

Maybe, but yet I notice on analog TGs the radio IDs hardly ever come up at all. Even when parked on a talkgroup and catching the beginning of each transmission it will not come up. And that is true on every radio I have ever tried it on that does radio ID. That doesnt bother me as much. But for the Phase 2 it almost never comes up on my 436, while almost everytime my PSR 800 will show it, even during bad reception. Even programmed in a few IDs on my system. They won't come up.

Essexscan

policefreak My HP-1 and now my 436HP pull radio IDs constantly on the NJSP system. maybe a setting needs tweaking? can compare settings if you want to

whsbuss

policefreak My HP-1 and now my 436HP pull radio IDs constantly on the NJSP system. maybe a setting needs tweaking? can compare settings if you want to

The NJSP system is a Motorola Type II SmartZone. Only the NJICS is P25 P-2

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

I am having trouble with P25 phase 2. For comparison's sake my 436 shows more Moto Type 2 analog RIDs than my 396 or my PSR 800. But not all the time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.