BCD436HP Favorite list files for MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys have your BCD436's set up Favorites list wise? I wanted to try and do FL Quick keys for my MA favorites list but I cant figure it out XP, also I wanted a seperate FL for MA Fire and MA Police.. So I wanna see how you guys have YOUR scanners set up and maybe I can set mine up more efficiently..

kb1elv

How do you guys have your BCD436's set up Favorites list wise? I wanted to try and do FL Quick keys for my MA favorites list but I cant figure it out XP, also I wanted a seperate FL for MA Fire and MA Police.. So I wanna see how you guys have YOUR scanners set up and maybe I can set mine up more efficiently..

I'm a creature of habit. Generally interested in my route to work and Boston/Cambridge/Somerville.

The way I did my favorites lists mirrors my old 346 (which I still use just as much as ever).

Home : The PD/Fire/DPW for the 3 towns I border.

MSP: Quick keys for each Troop, and quick keys for subcategories that logically fit together like DOT with DCR and MWRA, etc. Also quick keys starting at 50 for toggling sites.

Driving: About 40 towns and cities that make up 99.9% of my driving territory, quick keys by county. Police only.

MBTA: Quick keys for provoice trunk and conventional frequencies.

Boston: Quick keys for Police, Fire, EMS, etc and City Services on Zone 1.

Cambridge: Same as Boston, just Cambridge Trunk.

Commonwealth of MA: MA P25 system. Still figuring it out. Mostly used for Massport and Logan listening. Sites starting at quick key 50, have Boston, Logan and Worcester.

Eversource: After the thread from the other day, added all their 484.xxx frequencies as DMR 1 channel and ID search.

Edit: Also, been playing with the scanner monitor chrome extension and streaming things to my phone. I have a computer hooked up to the scanner at home and can control it remotely. I stream the audio via Bluetooth to my truck's stereo or listen out and about. I get to hear everything I want anywhere I go. I keep my 346 in the truck to hear stuff in the immediate vicinity if I'm out of range at home.

Last edited:
Also here is MY .hpe file if you wanted to look at my MA FL and see if it needs reorganizing. I'm too lazy to quick key everything..

Attachments

• MA.zip
    66.6 KB · Views: 31

kb1elv

I looked thru City of Boston conventional, you are missing BEMS conventional frequencies.

Weird that you can't see it, it is quick key 2 on that favorite list.

I renamed a bunch of things as compared to the database, I don't really like how some of the names/departments etc are formatted.

Last edited:
I wonder if BEMS has a EMS to Hospital (EMS to MGH, or EMS to B&W or what other major emergency center there is.. MGH and B&W are the only ones I can think of.. infact idk if B&w has an ED..)

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. Are you asking about ambulance to hospital communications? If so, that's handled by Metro Boston CMED, which coordinates communications between hospitals and all ambulance services. None of that is handled on trunk systems.

Brigham and Women's has a huge ED, is a Level 1 trauma center and has the major burn center in Boston.

I wonder if BEMS has a EMS to Hospital (EMS to MGH, or EMS to B&W or what other major emergency center there is.. MGH and B&W are the only ones I can think of.. infact idk if B&w has an ED..)

garys

Premium Subscriber
This is a misnomer. The Comm of MA P25 system consists of the digital trunk sites in western MA and the 700 Mhz overlay in greater Boston.

The other systems are independently managed by their agencies. That includes Worcester, MassPort, and Cambridge.

There is one controller that is shared by the agencies (but owned by the MSP) and a unified TG numbering system That allows for units from the different agencies to utilize any of the sites if they are out of range of their "home" system. The system is designed that way for Interoperability purposes between agencies.

Thinking of it as one big statewide P25 system is convenient, but not accurate. You won't hear Worcester units on the 700 Mhz system UNLESS one of them comes into the Boston area and "affiliates" with that system.

The database here and at Scan-ne are a bit confusing in that regard.

Commonwealth of MA: MA P25 system. Still figuring it out. Mostly used for Massport and Logan listening. Sites starting at quick key 50, have Boston, Logan and Worcester.

kb1elv

Thinking of it as one big statewide P25 system is convenient, but not accurate. You won't hear Worcester units on the 700 Mhz system UNLESS one of them comes into the Boston area and "affiliates" with that system.

The database here and at Scan-ne are a bit confusing in that regard.

I appreciate the info. For how rarely I leave metro Boston it's just easier for me to think of it as all one system. And what I end up doing is just adding in sites and very loose groups of departments in as necessary. I have all the talkgroups split up the way I want due to OCD and it works for me.

That's why sharing these files can be a real interesting experience. One thing that works for one person may not work for another

Visited Worcester, I love their radios, APX mobiles and portables, also XTL mobile in the District chiefs car above the APX mobile for the P25 system. Some smaller towns are going Digital, Sudbury is P25 with occasional ENC. I hope to make a new thread with new frequencies people are finding in MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.