BCD436HP First Firmware Update v1.03.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
This release addresses the issues that were reported to us within the first week of release. I know that a few more were found after that, and we are working on a March release to address additional issues.

Release notes are at: BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Use Sentinel to apply the update.

kwd57

I see now it gives a message about unmounting first, then turning off the power before unplugging the cable. I don't think I have seen this before. Is this the new standard now for the 436 and the 536 whenever the USB cable is connected and disconnected?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I see now it gives a message about unmounting first, then turning off the power before unplugging the cable. I don't think I have seen this before. Is this the new standard now for the 436 and the 536 whenever the USB cable is connected and disconnected?

It's not new, and the message only appears for the 436.

Wally46

Feed Provider
If you go to "computer" where it shows C drive etc, click on F: drive and then right click and there should be some kind of eject funtion or something that does the same thing.

kwd57

Well on my Win7 eject is not showing. Never did for any USB device. Now what?

You don't have the small green check mark on the bottom right of the screen system tray that says "safely remove hardware and eject media" ?

mrkelso

I ejected mine (G) and nothing happened i then powered down my portable using the power button and when it came back around and i answered "NO" , the patch proceeded. I have 1.03.00 on my portable.

kwd57

I ejected mine (G) and nothing happened i then powered down my portable using the power button and when it came back around and i answered "NO" , the patch proceeded. I have 1.03.00 on my portable.

If you eject it like that, I don't think you will see anything happen. I normally use the eject in the system tray and at least it will give you a message that it is safe to unplug or not.

whsbuss

You don't have the small green check mark on the bottom right of the screen system tray that says "safely remove hardware and eject media" ?

I do but the list of devices is always empty. Most likely will have to right-click in windows explorer to see if eject is there. This laptop always gave me issues with USB devices. Thanks.

mrkelso

If you eject it like that, I don't think you will see anything happen. I normally use the eject in the system tray and at least it will give you a message that it is safe to unplug or not.

I failed to mention, that i used the icon in the system tray but still nothing proceeded until i took the above action.

kwd57

I failed to mention, that i used the icon in the system tray but still nothing proceeded until i took the above action.

Nothing does happen, until you turn off the scanner,just like you said, so I think this is normal.

W2SJW

Database Admin
This is centered around the fact that pulling the USB cable will automatically kick the scanner out of mass storage mode. For some reason, they don't want that to happen until you physically power-cycle the unit to initiate the FW update process.

The squelch tail fix is music to my ears! Listening to the NJSP before this fix was a real annoyance...

Status
Not open for further replies.