bcd436hp help in Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

qpowell81

Premium Subscriber
i purchased the bcd436 scanner last week. I live outside philadelphia and i can't hear philly police at all. I know philly has phase 2 and i thought it would automatically work when i cut the scanner on. Somebody please tell me exactly what i need to do to listen to phase 2. Thanks new to the scanner world.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Philly is still Phase 1, for now. You need to be a little more specific with your location before anybody can really help you out. Philly's system is generally difficult to pick up much outside of the city. For instance, from my location in the Norristown area to the NW, I typically cannot reliably pick up the Philly system on a handheld scanner.

whsbuss

Philly is still Phase 1, for now. You need to be a little more specific with your location before anybody can really help you out. Philly's system is generally difficult to pick up much outside of the city. For instance, from my location in the Norristown area to the NW, I typically cannot reliably pick up the Philly system on a handheld scanner.

Same here..... I don't even see a signal on the control channels. I'm just SE of the Plymouth mall. But its not the scanner.

NUGEN

No you don't need to live in the city to get reception. I was in Feasterville / Trevose yesterday and was pulling reception in fine. Get a decent antenna, they even sell the magnetic type on EBay for $20

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I live about a mile west of the city and pick the city up. Once in a while it's slightly garbled but still readable. I'm using a RS Pro-197.

Have you tried a better antenna, I'm not familiar with the reception of a handheld scanner antenna but you may do better with antenna. For instance, I have my Pro-197 hooked up to a magnetic mobile antenna which sits on the window still of my second floor window. With the OEM antenna was reception wasn't as good but I could still pick up the city.

20-032.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.