bcd436hp How can I receive phone freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellykeeton

The search and close call would be what you want

Also 99% of consumer phones are spread spectrum now a days so you cant monitor those either.

in the scanner manual

Close Call page 57
Search options page 65

SCPD

QRT
what about?

Willingly monitoring phone calls is ILLEGAL.

What about Unwillingly?Sit down and listen ,nowwwww!

Everything is digitally encrypted so it wont happen anyway,you can not monitor a digital CDMA or GSM phone or a 5.8 GHZ cordless,even if you could the frequencies are not in the scanner,so dont bother trying.

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Jake...I read your PM's And I understand. . I will see if I can help with this...privately.

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I got a PM from Jake...I won't discuss the PM but told him I would look into this for him. He's cool.

Greg

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Ladies and gentlemen, let's try and help Jake. This is not the place to get into arguments about the legalities of what he wants to do. If you want to play armchair lawyers, please start a new thread in the Tavern.

If you want to point out in this thread that what he's considering is illegal according to US laws, then do so in an appropriate manner. Yelling at people isn't going to help.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Essexscan

No Jake, It's cool. No one is mad at you at all. You asked for help with your scanner no way anyone could be mad because you asked a question. don't worry about it ask away. greggk is working on it for you

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Jake, even if you could decode spread spectrum signals the current crop of scanners and wide-band ham radio HTs are all cellular-blocked. It's been an FCC rule for decades now. HTH.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Its not like the good old days when a cheap scanner would let you listen in to all your neighbors on the phone. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.