bcd436hp How can I receive phone freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8x

We can just let the NSA listen in on our private phone calls and know for sure that they have our best interest in mind...

greggk

Premium Subscriber
You really need to stop worrying over the phone listening thingy. Its just not important. Its over and done with. 24 hours from now, no one will remember it!

Greg

wtp

well

no one is mad at you jake. the only thing i get mad at is that i can't listen in anymore!
sometimes the phrase, can i, comes out, how do i, after all it is just a question.
a long time ago a friend of mine was amazed that anyone with a scanner could hear his house phone.
in new york city, an old trick by the narcs was to send a suspect a cordless phone and sit back and listen.
did not need a warrant then and even when you did, you just did not bring up the phone thing.
got good intel that way.

Darth_vader

Going to try to keep this as simple as I can...

Unless you're somewhere out in the sticks (and I mean WAY out in the sticks), you likely won't find any analogue cell phones on 800 MHz these days, only digital (CDMA/GSM). Those can't be monitored on a scanner.

If anything, you could try searching 900-928 MHz and even 45-49 MHz. Chances are you might have a neighbour who still has an old non-spread spectrum phone that operates in one of those bands. They're not very common these days, but they're still out there.

Hope this helps.

AC2OY

Welcome Jake!!! Don't sweat it my friend I constantly ask stupid questions here and so far nobody yelled at me!! In 1989 I had a old Realstic Pro 2006 that used to pick up some sort of car phones or something? If I remember correctly it was the 800 band.

durango5550

Booger D.
you could always get a job with the NSA and listen to phone calls till your heart is content :)

Status
Not open for further replies.