BCD436HP Issue With Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Are you making sure u have the quick keys checked in systems and departments

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

daveharpe

I wanted to add to this thread vs. starting another. I discovered a non-obvious quirk in the QK programming that took me awhile to figure out...

I was programming a P25 system. I assigned a favorites quick key and then went through multiple sites assigning them department/site quick keys. I did not assign a system quick key because there was only one system. As it turns out you can't enable/disable the sites unless you've assigned a system quick key (or at least I couldn't figure out a way).

For example if you have FQK 1, SQK 3, Site QK 7 then 1.3.7 Enter toggles the site. But if SQK 3 isn't assigned 1..7 doesn't work (at least it didn't for me).

Not a big deal because it's easy enough to assign a SQK, but it took me awhile to get there.

lawman210

I wanted to add to this thread vs. starting another. I discovered a non-obvious quirk in the QK programming that took me awhile to figure out...

I was programming a P25 system. I assigned a favorites quick key and then went through multiple sites assigning them department/site quick keys. I did not assign a system quick key because there was only one system. As it turns out you can't enable/disable the sites unless you've assigned a system quick key (or at least I couldn't figure out a way).

For example if you have FQK 1, SQK 3, Site QK 7 then 1.3.7 Enter toggles the site. But if SQK 3 isn't assigned 1..7 doesn't work (at least it didn't for me).

Not a big deal because it's easy enough to assign a SQK, but it took me awhile to get there.

Just assign SQK 0 so you would enter 1.0.3. My first favorite has several systems and several departments. So to toggle my first department I actually have to press 0.0.0

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

colbyct

I live in Florida now and I loaded Pinellas county Fire/EMS it was working for awhile then stopped. When I went into check on it I noticed the sites were gone. How do I correct his?

Voyager

Update the database and write to the scanner. Or, if the database is correct in Sentinel, just write to the scanner.

marksmith

Update the database and write to the scanner. Or, if the database is correct in Sentinel, just write to the scanner.
If this solved it for you, then you might be starting to lose the SD card. If it keeps happening I would replace the card.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Disnykng

Premium Subscriber
I live in Florida now and I loaded Pinellas county Fire/EMS it was working for awhile then stopped. When I went into check on it I noticed the sites were gone. How do I correct his?

I live in Pinellas county FL also and cannot get FD either but everything else comes in. Sites are there, and I have both pinellas systems the p25 and the simulcast motorola programed into the favorite list. I hear the FD Dispatch channel from time to time. I just bought a new bcd436hp and synced the DB yesterday. Ther was a post on the Florida forum saying the control channel changed for site 05. I looked at the frequency list programmed for site 05 and it is in there with the 8 other freq or so, but iI dont see a way to designate a freq as a control freq.

savedaplanet

Disnykng: I am new to scanner community and am located in Pinellas County, FL. How does your BCD436HP work for you in Pinellas County? Can you pick up Pinellas County Sherriff, SPPD, Largo and Clwtr PD, NOAA Etc? Is there a specific software you used to upload local frequencies? Are you happy with your choice? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your willingness in assisting my research on Uniden BCD436HP for Pinellas County and Nationwide Emergency scanning, Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.