BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436HP Kaypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Anybody else living with this same issue on their 436? I have been look for a few years now for Uniden to have a replacement available, still nothing.

I would love it if even a third party could make aftermarket parts like this. It seems like this was common on these. I'm hoping the SDS100 has a better keypad.

Attachments

• 20200711_235517563_iOS.jpg
    20200711_235517563_iOS.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 23

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Anybody else living with this same issue on their 436? I have been look for a few years now for Uniden to have a replacement available, still nothing.

I would love it if even a third party could make aftermarket parts like this. It seems like this was common on these. I'm hoping the SDS100 has a better keypad.
Have you ever tried calling Uniden and seeing if you could order the keypad?
They show a SKU of: LKR107585ZZ but like some of their other parts, they may or may not sell it or it will be out of stock. Might be worth a try calling though if you have not.

I sure miss the days when you could purchase service manuals for about anything plus order parts down to the component level from many manufacturers.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I got one from Uniden but it wasn’t easy. They tell you the parts they have on hand are for the repair dept and they didn’t sell them piecemeal. I had to write to corporate, got a response Via email, called and spoke to them on numerous occasions while they researched my request. I ended up with not only the keypad, but an entire assembly for the front half of the case for a BCD436HP at no cost! I guess they just wanted to get rid of me.

A little known law on the books in Connecticut dating back to the early days of radio states repair manuals were to be provided free of charge upon request. It was a co diction the manufacturers had to meet if they wanted to sell their products in Ct. The logic behind this was there were no repair shops for radios back in the day so it left the repairs up to the owner. I doubt the law is enforceable anymore and maybe extinct. I never had a reason to request one but if I did I’d expect a strange look form the manufacturer...

It was a co diction the manufacturers had to meet if they wanted to sell their products in Ct. The logic behind this was there were no repair shops for radios back in the day so it left the repairs up to the owner. I doubt the law is enforceable
Another "Law" that doesn't exist?

Uniden Bcd436hp encryption muted?

I LIVE in CT and never heard such a thing.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Yea, I also live in Ct. and hadn’t heard of a whole bunch of laws too. But just because I’ve never heard of them doesn’t mean they never existed. Here’s a couple more for you that time has past it by... If you rode your horse at night on a public road, after automobiles became common, you had to tie a lantern to the back end of the horse. And my favorite... In Ct., the motor vehicle statutes require vehicles to be equipped with windshield wipers or it won’t pass inspection. But the vehicle doesn’t need to have a windshield! The only type of vehicle I can relate this to is a Jeep, the older style CJ’s, where you could fold down the windshield onto the hood.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Have you ever tried calling Uniden and seeing if you could order the keypad?
I got one from Uniden but it wasn’t easy. They tell you the parts they have on hand are for the repair dept and they didn’t sell them piecemeal.

I have spoken to them and of course as n1chu stated, they don't ever seem to have them. I feel like this is kind of a let down that it would have to be that difficult to get a part. I mean it's not like we wouldn't PAY for it so it's still money they would make off of it. I would even be happy if a third party could make one for it aftermarket.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I prefer to think you just make this stuff up. :ROFLMAO:
Relieve what you want. But there’s some stuff you just can’t make up. I’ve been around for 71 years and have a pretty good idea of what’s what. And believe this, there’s some stuff I wish I never heard of but when vetted, learned it was true, much to my Chagrin.

Status
Not open for further replies.