Bcd436hp keypad lock bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

NUGEN

So I was setting up a friends brand new 436 handheld. I programmed it and all, set the clock and then enabled the keypad lock by hitting function and then power on /off button. I then shut the scanner off and gave it to him.

The problem lies when he went to turn the scanner on, it asks him to set the clock again because the scanner wasn't left on long enough to charge the internal clock battery. However you cannot set the clock because all of the buttons are still locked. You also cannot disable the keypad because the clock needs to be set and the only button that will work at that point is the E/yes button. The scanner won't turn on without the clock being set, you also can't skip it because no other buttons work due to the keypad lock being on.

Oh Uniden... How much I hate setting this damn clock EVERYTIME I set up a scanner. There should be a skip button enabled even if the keypad lock is turned on somehow. I now have to meet up with him again and clear the user data and reprogram the scanner.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ooh. Head slap!

I've added it to my engineering report. Meanwhile, no choice but to 2+9+CHAN while powering on (which will lose the programming...but you should be able to quickly reprogram from Sentinel). We'll change it to allow keypad unlock in that state (but might not be in this upcoming update...so don't lock the keypad for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.