BCD436HP - Location Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbertown

I had one favorites list (A) and created a second (B). I want to have the second favorites (B) associated with its' own location, independent from the first favorites list (A). I am not sure how to accomplish this, what menu in Sentinel do I need to access.

I accessed edit profile but both favorites list (A & B) show same latitude/longitude/range settings when I highlight them and check Location settings. Did the creation of the second favorites list (B) automatically clone the settings of the first favorites list (A)?

When I highlight each favorites list and check location settings can I change one without affecting the other favorites list. If not how would I set different locations for each favorites list? Any help is appreciated.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel, choose edit fav list, then choose the list you want it set to use location control. Then on the options tab, look for location control, and set it to on. Write to radio. Done

On the radio, hit menu, manage favorites, then select the one you wish, then look for "use location control, and set it to on..

Thats it..

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you are looking at Location Settings in Sentinel'sprofile editor, that's the scanner's location. It is not the location assigned to each Favorites List.

To look at the location assigned for a given Favorites List, in Sentinel edit the Favorites List. If there is a trunked system in the Favorites List, drill down to each site and click the Location tab in the right pane. You'll see the lat/long information. For a conventional system, drill down to each department. Then look at the location information (also right tab).

The above post is right - you have to set Location Control On for each Favorites List. That tells the scanner that you want the given list to "work" based on the scanner's location. Otherwise the given Favorites List is always scanning (unless turned off via qucik key, etc.)

If you built the Favorites List in Sentinel using the Append from the master database, the appropriate location information is brought in to the Favorites List.

Status
Not open for further replies.