BCD436HP - Made in Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcriner

It won't matter to many of you, but having served in the U.S. Military, 1965-70, I does to me a little.

Ignoring that history, I wonder if the remoteness and its experience with electronics manufacturing may have led to some of the initial problems?

phask

Premium Subscriber
This will either get real good real quick or go downhill real quick.

Getting my popcorn.

dcriner

Forget about it. RR, which may have an undisclosed relationship with Uniden, banished my post to a an obscure location.

Question: what is the business relationship between RR and Uniden, if any, that allows Uniden to link to RR inextricably to its newest scanners? While RR hosts reviews and comments of Uniden scanners?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It won't matter to many of you, but having served in the U.S. Military, 1965-70, I does to me a little.

Ignoring that history, I wonder if the remoteness and its experience with electronics manufacturing may have led to some of the initial problems?

I believe the XT models were made in Vietnam as well and they are excellent scanners. I think Uniden rushed the new scanners without any testing whatsoever trying to to beat out any new releases by Whistler.

Remember we were at war with Japan at one time too and look how they excelled in the automotive and electronics industries. I remember when my dad, a WWII vet, was so excited when he bought an "American Made" Dodge van, until I went out, popped the hood, and showed him the engine made by Mitsubishi.

Twenty years from now the best cars and radios will probably be made in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Last edited:

questnz

My 346XT is made in Vietnam an excellent scanner, no complaints. Dell, HP notebooks and others could be made by Compal, Wistron, Quanta, Asustek, Pegatron they make most of the first tier notebooks under contract. Apple phones are made by Foxconn or its subsidiary Pegatron or Hon Hai Precision Industry. You never know.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
When the scanners come out of Iraq and Afghanistan, I'll let others try them out first, and it won't be to test the headphone jack or P25 decoding.

Steve AA6IO

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your service, Sir. I was a kid back then...and remember how you were treated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
bcd436hp

I agree, Maybe its us older guys that were in the service back then.

y84media

I support our military. I own American cars only, I see veterans with bumper stickers calling out that they served....on a foreign car. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Our local "Tea Party" members gathering on the lawn at our local CVS pharmacy, directly behind all their foreign cars.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Forget about it. RR, which may have an undisclosed relationship with Uniden, banished my post to a an obscure location.

Question: what is the business relationship between RR and Uniden, if any, that allows Uniden to link to RR inextricably to its newest scanners? While RR hosts reviews and comments of Uniden scanners?

I am unaware of any undisclosed relationship. Uniden licenses the RRDB for use in some models for a fee (I suppose the amount of the fee is undisclosed...). We are the only current manufacturer of scanners, so you should naturally see us more prominently featured, a condition that could change at any time.

UPMan is required to follow the same rules as everyone else. Any additional considerations we get are prompted primarily for the benefit of RadioReference, although some benefit may slosh over into our bucket as a consequence.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I support our military. I own American cars only, I see veterans with bumper stickers calling out that they served....on a foreign car. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Our local "Tea Party" members gathering on the lawn at our local CVS pharmacy, directly behind all their foreign cars.

Explain how owning a foreign car while showing support for your military is 'hypocritical'???

And unless you drive something built before 1980 almost every 'American' car has 'foreign' aspects to it.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin

y84media

Explain how owning a foreign car while showing support for your military is 'hypocritical'???

And unless you drive something built before 1980 almost every 'American' car has 'foreign' aspects to it.

I drive a 1980 Pontiac Trans Am, with a 1973 Pontiac 455 engine. But, I understand the example you were trying to make me out of me.

Still, a Toyota with a "WWII VET" bumper sticker, is a little hard for me embrace.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Actually I drive a 2011 F-350 everyday, made most likely in either Detroit, or Windsor. My better half drives a Kia and I drive it when she is home too.

Holding onto some notion that we should not drive or own products from countries that we(I am Canadian) we once at war with is sad. Should I, being Canadian, boycott US made products because we were at war with the US in the 1800's?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Still, a Toyota with a "WWII VET" bumper sticker, is a little hard for me embrace.

I fail to see why, considering that Toyotas are sourced and assembled here in North America for the NADM market. Nobody's takin' yer jerb, it's still in 'Murrica.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I drive a 1980 Pontiac Trans Am, with a 1973 Pontiac 455 engine. But, I understand the example you were trying to make me out of me.

That to me means that the Vet has come to terms with the conflict, and has moved on. Rather than stewing about something they can not change.

Status
Not open for further replies.