BCD436HP - MicroSD Door Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

colincd

I picked up a used BCD436HP recently and discovered that the MicroSD card metal door clip is missing.
Anyone have any thoughts on where I can find a replacement metal door to keep the MicroSD card in place?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
+1

It's not something you can buy at Radio Shack.

colincd

Thanks,
I did not think Radio Shack was still open.

But is this something I will have to send the scanner in to get fixed, or is this a part that Uniden will sell?
Thier support site is very lacking.
There does not seem to be anyone at Uniden support to email and ask.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No. That is the entire card holder, and the door on will only work if that particular model is the one Uniden chose as their OEM part for the scanner. You can try it if you want, but prepare to be disappointed.

There's also the issue of removing the door from the new card holder, and installing it in the scanner. It's a small part in a cramped location and is going to require some above-average manual dexterity to install, even if it is the right part.

seth21w

No. That is the entire card holder, and the door on will only work if that particular model is the one Uniden chose as their OEM part for the scanner. You can try it if you want, but prepare to be disappointed.

There's also the issue of removing the door from the new card holder, and installing it in the scanner. It's a small part in a cramped location and is going to require some above-average manual dexterity to install, even if it is the right part.

That is probably the only way they sell it as a whole you can just pop the new door off and put on your scanner, uniden should be able to get that part to you. Keep in mind it will be the entire door assembly but the door hinge pops in and out easily.

colincd

I wanted to follow up on this:
I was able to find the part from DigiKey for the MicroSD Card Hinge.
It is DigiKey part number 670-2345-1-ND
Made by JAE part number ST1W008S4BR1500

It is the entire unit, just pop off the hinge.
Total cost $2.11

Status
Not open for further replies.