BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Bcd436hp mods

Bouy75

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyone still performing mods or parts for the bcd436hp? I see Jon was years ago but looks like he's no longer active?

cpcool54

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyone still performing mods or parts for the bcd436hp? I see Jon was years ago but looks like he's no longer active?
I'm also hoping to find someone doing the mods. I was looking at getting sn SDS100, but without being able to have the internal GPS, I may pass on it. I noticed his website, unidenscanners.com is no longer up either.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm also hoping to find someone doing the mods. I was looking at getting sn SDS100, but without being able to have the internal GPS, I may pass on it. I noticed his website, unidenscanners.com is no longer up either.
I'm glad I got the internal GPS for my SDS 100 before he went "out of business." It's a great piece of engineering and has worked flawlessly. If I remember correctly, he fixed the cold solder joints and installed the GPS for only $75.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber

I sent an SDS100 to John in January 2022 when it developed the cold solder joint problem.

In December I got it back with a note from Jon saying that his health issues don't allow him to do repairs or modifications anymore.

So yes, he's out of business. :(

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I sent an SDS100 to John in January 2022 when it developed the cold solder joint problem.

In December I got it back with a note from Jon saying that his health issues don't allow him to do repairs or modifications anymore.

So yes, he's out of business. :(

It took almost a year to get it back?

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
It took almost a year to get it back?

Yes. He apologized for the delay. I'm sure when he received it he was hoping he'd be able to fix it. As was I!

I knew he was having some challenges so I didn't bug him about it. Actually when he disappeared off RR I thought there was a good chance I'd never see the scanner again, so I was excited when a box unexpectedly showed up. My excitement quickly dissipated when I saw the note.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Jon was good at that stuff and he was really the only one offering as a service. As much as I wanted the internal gps on my 436 I elected to do it as an external (and did it myself) so if any problems arose, it could be fixed easily. I am not sure what anyone that had the gps mods done will do if they ever experience a problem.