BCD436HP Nice but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggiecar

W1COD
Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to program with the software that comes with it...but like with the HP-1 I also own when
ARC patrol came out for the HP-1 it made it easier to program exactly what I wanted into it...this looks like to me like it's going to be the same situation..I tried loading by location...but living here in Central CT it loads MA,CT and NY all together....tons to have to wade through...however I can hear New Britain again!! And CSP is nice and clean....Hopefully the master release comes out from Butel shortly!

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Butel says this quarter it will be out. They are also giving 15% off if you own another Butel product.

They say you have to write them and ask for the discount before you Place your order.

Greg

markab

Range

I have been trying to program with the software that comes with it...but like with the HP-1 I also own when
ARC patrol came out for the HP-1 it made it easier to program exactly what I wanted into it...this looks like to me like it's going to be the same situation..I tried loading by location...but living here in Central CT it loads MA,CT and NY all together....tons to have to wade through...however I can hear New Britain again!! And CSP is nice and clean....Hopefully the master release comes out from Butel shortly!

Have you tried turning the range setting down. Try 5 or 10 miles and see if that helps.

Mark

troymail

Silent Key
Have you tried turning the range setting down. Try 5 or 10 miles and see if that helps.

Mark

I'm in central Maryland and when I enter my zip code and set the range to 1.0 miles, I still get Virginia and Pennsylvania programming.

Best to do you own programming and get just what you want. For simple programming of a single favorites list in Sentinel, it's fairly easy. It only becomes more painful if you start setting QKs and other settings.

phask

Premium Subscriber
My opinion, if you can't program with Sentinel, Arc is not any easier - just different.

If you can't figure out Sentinel - and with TONS of help here there is no reason not to , then you probably can't figure out how to use it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.