BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436HP not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxville615xx

I got in my truck the other morning and heard a battery low message come from something. At first I thought it was my fire dept radio but found it was off. I then looked at my scanner and it was off even though I left it plugged to a usb charger. I have formatted the sd card and programmed it with the sentinel. I tried another sd card. I took my batteries out last night and left it till tonight. I tried the reset by pushing the keys I read about. It still will not do nothing and just out of warranty. What should I do ???

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
When you plug the cable into the scanner you have to be sure you answer yes to the question to charge the batteries.

Just plugging the cable in will not charge the batteries. Personally I never charge batteries in a scanner. I use a La Crosse BC-700 Charger and keep several sets of charged batteries handy. I also never leave a scanner in a vehicle due to extremes in temperature and humidity.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I also never leave a scanner in a vehicle due to extremes in temperature and humidity.

They are designed to handle that sort of thing; many people install scanners in their vehicles without issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.