BCD436HP on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaRebel

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, there are a bunch of Uniden BCD436HPs on ebay right now under $400.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
i bought a scanner that said "new" some time ago. came with Velcro installed on the bottom, cut 12 volt power cord, etc. Emailed the seller back and threatened to make a serious violation claim as i had emailed him about the new issue before i purchased it and he assured me. in the end, he took quite a bit of money off what i had paid and refunded me. just saying be careful and get email verification on any issues u have before you buy.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There have been for years, it's nothing new. Some are lightly used, some are scammers trying to take advantage of greedy people. I bought one in like-new condition (except for a scratch on the display lens) for about $380.

blackbelter

Average scanner owner holds on to their radios for 4 to 5 years, my point is that savings of $50 to $100 in buying a used scanner will end up in mere savings of $1 to $2 per month are not worth the headache of chasing down troubles.
Buy new and let the warranty do its job.

Analogrules

Can You Register A Used BCD436 on My Uniden account?

My concern purchasing a bcd436 from ebay would be whether or not the previous owner already registered the scanner. Would a new owner still be able to register the scanner on their account, if it was already registered by previous owner? How does that work?

GM

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you can still register the scanner on the Uniden site, even if the previous owner has it registered it already, but any digital mode keys purchased will not carry over in the new account. That's why if I buy a scanner from eBay or elsewhere, I have the seller print me a copy of the key for future reference in the event the scanner loses the key.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
People are selling off their scanners in preparation for purchasing the new Uniden SDS 100.

Remember eBay has a money back guarantee. I have made a few purchases on eBay where the seller was less than honest and their item was not what was described. Ebay refunded my payment in full and I got to keep the item. They will get their money back from the seller's account and ban them from eBay.

I have sold, and purchased, many scanners on eBay. I am always honest about the item's age and condition, and have never had a problem.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
With the understanding that seller's ratings are sometimes not a true indication of the seller's credibility, I almost never buy any item from a seller with a rating below 99.6%. The more expensive the item, the closer to 100% I go. So far, so good.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I just ordered a new BCD436HP as well as a new BCD536HP from a very reputable seller on Ebay at great prices. I bought both of these when they were fist introduced by Uniden, and sold them later. Regretted it ever since. I was thankful for an opportunity to buy the both brand new again at what was recently used price levels.

I still love my 996P2 & 325P2, for local use, but for when traveling, the Zip Code configuration option on the x36 series is very convenient.

BCD436HP

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uniden-BCD...504052&hash=item35fd25d87b:g:7HsAAOSw88xaOZJA

BCD536HP
https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIDEN-BCD...834247?hash=item35fd2cbcc7:g:55MAAOSwOt9Zf2JR

Voyager

That's why if I buy a scanner from eBay or elsewhere, I have the seller print me a copy of the key for future reference in the event the scanner loses the key.

That's a GREAT idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.