BCD436HP only complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBeCinYa

Does anyone have issues with the belt clip? Maybe it's just me, although I have to think not. The belt clip design is not ideal. I have owned many handhelds and this is the worst design I've used.

My primary issue is taking the scanner off my belt, and at the same time disconnecting the belt clip from the scanner itself, resulting in near misses on dropping. The clip works fine when on my belt, just taking off every single time it separates itself from scanner. I am afraid I will drop it one day, and just can't understand why the "disconnect" feature is so sensitive.

In addition, the scanner sits so far off my belt, it is not snug or as secure feeling as others I've worn. Very disappointing considering a $100 scanner has a better clip that is sleek, non removable, and doesn't separate itself easily from the unit.

Ensnared

Recommendation

Does anyone have issues with the belt clip? Maybe it's just me, although I have to think not. The belt clip design is not ideal. I have owned many handhelds and this is the worst design I've used.

My primary issue is taking the scanner off my belt, and at the same time disconnecting the belt clip from the scanner itself, resulting in near misses on dropping. The clip works fine when on my belt, just taking off every single time it separates itself from scanner. I am afraid I will drop it one day, and just can't understand why the "disconnect" feature is so sensitive.

In addition, the scanner sits so far off my belt, it is not snug or as secure feeling as others I've worn. Very disappointing considering a $100 scanner has a better clip that is sleek, non removable, and doesn't separate itself easily from the unit.

I strongly suggest that you invest in a hard-leather holder for the radio, the one that is sold at Scanner Master. A hard-leather case will help protect the screen as well as the radio, particularly when dropped. Some of these have a leather belt loop design with two snaps. Others have a clip. When you order, I would ask if they sell one that has a leather belt loop. You can't pull this off without unsnapping the loop.

jdcaples

Premium Subscriber
I strongly suggest that you invest in a hard-leather holder for the radio, the one that is sold at Scanner Master. A hard-leather case will help protect the screen as well as the radio, particularly when dropped. Some of these have a leather belt loop design with two snaps. Others have a clip. When you order, I would ask if they sell one that has a leather belt loop. You can't pull this off without unsnapping the loop.

The hard leather case is a worth while expenditure. The picture shows how I further secure the scanner in the leather case, using the built-in lanyard thing. It's elastic - stretching easily to 4-5 inches and I can pull it out with some effort to 8 inches. It could be wrapped around a belt loop or belt. The snap is heavy-duty and likely to last years of daily snap-unsnap cycles

-Jon.

Attachments

• Secure.jpg
    Secure.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 256
Status
Not open for further replies.