BCD436HP Pasco County FL P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaJungle

Actually, no. Simulcast is multiple transmitters on the same frequency. Simulcast has nothing to do with digital type. Analog can be simulcast as well.

Transmitting the same audio signal on multiple frequencies or systems is multicasting, not simulcast.
No, he was asking which system I was talking about. This has nothing to do with what simulcast is.

bpittman

Well, as a former long time resident of Pasco County, the silence is deafening. The wife and I have considered moving back since my youngest son is still there. I need to replace my former APCO 25 scanner but since Pasco is encrypted (with other counties to follow) I will probably not spend 500 - 600 bucks for it to gather dust. Currently have enough analog scanners and VHF/UHF ham gear to catch analog. Perhaps the scanner business is a slow dying hobby.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Well, as a former long time resident of Pasco County, the silence is deafening. The wife and I have considered moving back since my youngest son is still there. I need to replace my former APCO 25 scanner but since Pasco is encrypted (with other counties to follow) I will probably not spend 500 - 600 bucks for it to gather dust. Currently have enough analog scanners and VHF/UHF ham gear to catch analog. Perhaps the scanner business is a slow dying hobby.
I have no problem picking up Pinellas, Clearwater, Hillsborough from my location with my SDS200.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Really? I hear the landfill and few other public service workers regularly from HC, as well as the fire support. Its not constant, but maybe 2-5 per hour.
Just hold it on fire support it works just fine all calls are on there. I was in publix the other day a engine crew was shopping with their portables on I could hear the computer dispatch loud and clear!

scannersnstuff

YOu have it in AFS format, you need to switch to decimal if you want it to display as bolt posted.
Thank you. This was the first edacs system I ever programmed. I just wanted to see if I could listen to the dispatch. Truthfully, the automated voice drive's me crazy. I mainly just listen to Hernando fire-rescue, and Brooksville airport.

ScubaJungle

Thank you. This was the first edacs system I ever programmed. I just wanted to see if I could listen to the dispatch. Truthfully, the automated voice drive's me crazy. I mainly just listen to Hernando fire-rescue, and Brooksville airport.
Lol Im with you, I dont like it either. Im sure you know, EDACS is used in HC and Tampa also, and they are very active and fun to listen to. If you get a Yagi you may be able to pull it in.

scannersnstuff

Lol Im with you, I dont like it either. Im sure you know, EDACS is used in HC and Tampa also, and they are very active and fun to listen to. If you get a Yagi you may be able to pull it in.
I would like to get an outside antenna. My options are very limited,as I rent.

ScubaJungle

I would like to get an outside antenna. My options are very limited,as I rent.
I also rent, and am in a small apartment building
What I did was, I bought speaker stands (big sturdy tripod for concert speakers, got it on offerup for $30) and have my yagi on that inside. When I'm not using it I just close the tripod and put it in the closet

scannersnstuff

I also rent, and am in a small apartment building
What I did was, I bought speaker stands (big sturdy tripod for concert speakers, got it on offerup for $30) and have my yagi on that inside. When I'm not using it I just close the tripod and put it in the closet
Yes, I have considered that,but with a discone.I'm currently in transition from temporary housing, and my own place.

Status
Not open for further replies.