BCD436HP Pasco County FL P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

slidetbone

Hello, has anyone figured out the right settings for Pasco county on this scanner? I have adjusted all settings, been to P25 Adjustment Mode and manual mode. I can see the scanner lock on to the channel, but it will not break squelch. Sometimes you hear it try and nothing. Other times you can make out garbled conversation. I have not found anything recent here on this topic for this county. Thanks in advance!

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I had no idea that their coffee & doughnut runs were so secretive.

1) Is the old EDACS still transmitting patched groups or is that effectively decommissioned now?

2) Does Pasco County transmit fire calls on a conventional analog frequency, like for pagers?

I see no reason to plug in the P25 system for a handful of clear talkgroups. TNX.

ScubaJungle

I had no idea that their coffee & doughnut runs were so secretive.

1) Is the old EDACS still transmitting patched groups or is that effectively decommissioned now?

2) Does Pasco County transmit fire calls on a conventional analog frequency, like for pagers?

I see no reason to plug in the P25 system for a handful of clear talkgroups. TNX.
For Pasco, the only things I have heard are automated fire calls. I believe they are analog. Not sure what they primarily use, but it's encrypted regardless. Hillsbor. uses EDACS primarily, still, though.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Everything public safety-related on P25 is encrypted for "first responder safety." :rolleyes: Automated FD dispatching is still going on the old EDACS FD SUPPORT talk group. I'm told that's only for testing purposes and the automated dispatching will eventually move to a P25 and go dark.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I had tuned into SUPPORT a while back and it was silent. Was under the impression that they had stopped using it.

ScubaJungle

I had tuned into SUPPORT a while back and it was silent. Was under the impression that they had stopped using it.
I just looked on my scanner to get the exact info, and I believe the channel I heard the automated system on was under "TG: PCFR Fire Support | System: Paso County Fire | Info: Paso County Simulcast
I'm not sure if it was simulcast, but now that I look at it, I dont believe I even have the old [EDACS] Pasco system in my scanner. Anything older than a week ago isn't on my scanner.

However, I just had it on for about 10 minutes while getting the info for this, and I heard nothing. I'm not sure why it was broadcast in the clear that day, or in the past few days.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I just looked on my scanner to get the exact info, and I believe the channel I heard the automated system on was under
"TG: PCFR Fire Support | System: Paso County Fire | Info: Paso County Simulcast
I'm not sure if it was simulcast, but now that I look at it, I dont believe I even have the old [EDACS] Pasco system in my scanner. Anything older than a week ago isn't on my scanner.

The talkgroup number will pin it down definitively. I was just asking to decide whether there was any value in keeping Pasco EDACS in my BCD996P2 for a limited time longer; I mean, I'm not going anywhere for a good long time :-(

I still have a bank with nothing but VHF fire dispatch frequencies throughout central Florida. It saved me having to program in a bunch of trunked systems that I rarely use, but even those have all gone away. I think the last one to disappear was either Polk or Alachua County. Ahhh, for the good old days!

ScubaJungle

The talkgroup number will pin it down definitively. I was just asking to decide whether there was any value in keeping Pasco EDACS in my BCD996P2 for a limited time longer; I mean, I'm not going anywhere for a good long time :-(

I still have a bank with nothing but VHF fire dispatch frequencies throughout central Florida. It saved me having to program in a bunch of trunked systems that I rarely use, but even those have all gone away. I think the last one to disappear was either Polk or Alachua County. Ahhh, for the good old days!
Not sure if this helps, but I just put in the Pasco EDACS into Unitrunker and public transportation is actively using it.
TGs 1698 and 1699

Edit:
Got it!
TG: 1578 UID:10994
Just heard the automated fire service call on that - but it isnt very active.

Want to add: I just heard fire support channel on the simulcast system this time, TG 1578

Last edited:

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Post deleted. Was wondering what system you meant by "simulcast," but figured out (I think) that you meant the EDACS system.

Last edited:

Theo

Premium Subscriber
It's still active probably not for long someone decided to broadcast it! Sounds terrible by the way! Take it Down!

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I know what simulcast is. Some folks call a system "simulcast" without telling if they're talking about EDACS or P25.

Scuba, we were posting at the same time. Yep, what you said.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I know what simulcast is. Some folks call a system "simulcast" without telling if they're talking about EDACS or P25.
Actually, no. Simulcast is multiple transmitters on the same frequency. Simulcast has nothing to do with digital type. Analog can be simulcast as well.

Transmitting the same audio signal on multiple frequencies or systems is multicasting, not simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.