BCD436HP Post Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
Honestly that really sounds odd to me. I have bought a lot of electronics in the past which cost less than scanner radios and have also spent more and I have always had either a power cord/USB charger and batteries included.

So the math just isn't adding up right to me. Help me to understand your point

It doesn't really matter that it doesn't add up to you, or anyone else. A charger is not included, it was never stated that one would be included, thus it's no surprise that one isn't in the box. Get on with life, there are far more important things to worry about.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
California law doesn't prevent them from shipping a USB charger, it does prevent them from shipping one which doesn't meet updated energy rules.

Just quoting the Uniden man...

Honestly that really sounds odd to me. I have bought a lot of electronics in the past which cost less than scanner radios and have also spent more and I have always had either a power cord/USB charger and batteries included.

So the math just isn't adding up right to me. Help me to understand your point

Not sure if you're responding to me or UPMan. I was just saying what UPMan posted in this thread.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
It doesn't really matter that it doesn't add up to you, or anyone else. A charger is not included, it was never stated that one would be included, thus it's no surprise that one isn't in the box. Get on with life, there are far more important things to worry about.

And you said what I was thinking while I was typing my response. Well said. Why little things have to be blown into such big deals is beyond me. I guess some have to complain about something...

Reading these forums about it for the last few months, all of these things were covered previously. And the threads are still out there to be read...

freqhopping

I probably won't get up to Loudoun anytime soon, but there are other 436/536 users up there who I'm sure will report on it.

STARS is excellent, but that's to be expected, since it's not a simulcast system.

Dave

Loudoun is fine. I've never had issue with it other than dead spots around the county. It's not LSM.

Fairfax on the other hand is LSM. I am seeing a huge improvement at home. For the first time since they upgraded the system I can hear them without doing anything crazy.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Stop Trolling people and telling them to get on with their lives. The admins will pickup on this and infractions will happen. I was just asking a question and hopefully somebody was going to help me understand. That was it.

So "telling people to get on with their lives" doesnt help this thread" and trolling is not permitted here.

Read the rules and policies form Lindsay. Its in effect

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Note: Before we have any more knee-jerk reactions to the closing of this thread please understand that discussion of the 436 is not being stopped, or censored. We just do not want it all funneled in to one thread. We want members to follow standard forum etiquette by searching, reading and then starting their own individualized threads so they can get focused assistance and attention.

It's becoming a full time job to keep this forum in check. Because of this I'm no longer permitting any new "Discussion" threads and will be closing these existing bloated threads as I see fit. If people have questions they can first SEARCH and if answers are not found they can create their own thread. Also, read the damn manual first too please.

First things first, see this thread:
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/283228-uniden-bcd436-536hp-faq-read-1st.html
If you have something to add please contact Marshall to get it in the thread.

PLEASE SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH! I no longer have the patience to deal with impatience in this forum because certain members need answers faster than the speed of light.

BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.