BCD436HP Programming DMR Channel with SL, CC & TGID

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I just purchased a BCD436HP and am having difficulty programming a DMR channel that includes the SL, CC & TGID. If I try to program a channel on a Conventional system, I can only program the frequency and CC, but no SL or TGID. I really don't care about the slot. For example, there is a hospital that I listen to that uses the same frequency for security and maintenance and they use different TGIDs to differentiate between them.

After doing a RR search on the subject, it appears that I have to create a system that is a "DMR one frequency" type. When I do that, I create a department and when I create the channel, I can't see where to enter the frequency. In that case I can add channel name, SL & TGID, but not CC.

I tried to create a "MotoTRBO Trunk" system and in when I create it, I still can't find out where to add the frequency.

So my big question is, how can I create a DMR channel that includes the frequency, CC & TGID. I'm sorry, but I just can't figure out what I'm missing or doing wrong. It's really easy on my TRX-1, but I'm new to the Uniden BCD436HP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Take Care,

Rich

jasoyeom

Do you use Sentinel to update your scanner? Have your tried entering the information using Sentinel? If it's on RadioReference then you can download it from the site.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I'm using Sentinel. I'll check that out. Thanks.

Do you use Sentinel to update your scanner? Have your tried entering the information using Sentinel? If it's on RadioReference then you can download it from the site.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
When I create a MotoTRBO system, I see that I can add the frequency & CC, but not the TGID.
When I create a "DMR one frequency", I get the same thing, except there is no LCN column.

you add the frequency under "site". Press the green "+" and add the frequency.

ScubaJungle

You add TG's by clicking the department. This is all on the FL editor.

Edit: for DMR, you add LCN with the frequency (only for trunked)

Last edited:

ScubaJungle

To add TG's, you would click "department 000" and press "+", and add the TG name and ID under the right column.

Frequency, you add by clicking "site 0000" and pressing "+", and adding the frequency, the LCN, and the CC.
-For DMR one frequency, there is no entry for LCN, only for DMR trunk. You dont need to add an LCN for a one frequency system. 4

If you create a DMR trunk system, just to see, when you add a frequency to the site youll see a column for LCN.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
So this means that for every DMR channel that I need the CC & TGID, I have to create a "DMR one frequency" system for each frequency?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So this means that for every DMR channel that I need the CC & TGID, I have to create a "DMR one frequency" system for each frequency?
You would need a One Frequency Trunked System, if you want to program slots and talkgroups. But, you can have one or more frequency in that OFT.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if this has been changed in the SDS100? Am I the only one that wants to program a single DMR channel with the CC, SL & TGID within a department that contains conventional analog and P25 channels? Just curious. Thanks.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
The SDS100/200 are programmed the exact same way.
No your not alone.
Uniden chose to keep things simple on the RR DB import of these items. ("Dumb-ed down for the ZIP Code crowd" I call it)
This also applies to conventional P25, & NXDN items (Not just DMR)
If you want to see TG's and RID's on these items you gotta jump through the hoop and create them yourself.
This is also an excellent way to gain understanding of how these radios work and how to create your own custom FL's.
Once over that learning curve hurdle, These radios really excel...

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks.
I've been away from Uniden since my BCD996T & 296, so I was used to the Whistler/GRE programming method.
When I got the radio, I first tried programming using the RR DB import, but it didn't make much sense to me. I'm used to programming my radios by hand. I'm not really worried about RID's (yet), but at the very least wanted to be able program DMR channels with the CC & TGID. We have a hospital nearby, that uses the same frequency and CC, but have two different TGID's, one for security and one for maintenance. I wanted to isolate the two TGID's, but couldn't figure out how to do it with a conventional department channel. I'm testing a favorites list with just two channels that are relatively busy. I created on as a DMR one frequency and the other as a MotoTRBO, but haven't heard anything yet, but also haven't heard anything on the scanners and radios next to them, either. So, we'll wait and see.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
The 'tell' is what does the scanner indicate as the signal type while receiving the activity.
If it says DMR then it's conventional (No need for LCN's with this type) The One Freq format is fine..
If it indicates something else.. CAP, CON, DT3 then it's properly a MotoTRBO trunking situation, which entails finding frequencies & LCN's to properly track..

Sounds like your on the right track.. (y)

ScubaJungle

I think you know this, but just in case, you can add as many TGs as you want for a DMR one frequency system.

As for multiple frequencies, then you have to make a system for each frequency (technically), but I do believe you can put multiple DMR one channel frequencies into one system, and it will work. When I have done this though, it tends to get stuck on CC data, as it thinks it is a transmission. You may want to give it a try though.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
So long as both (or more) frequencies use/share the same TGID's that's not a problem.
If..
Freq 1 is TG 100 Security and..
Freq 2 is TG 100 Housekeeping
This situation can lead to real confusion...
Then they need to be separate systems realistically..
Trial and error :)

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I just heard a transmission on my TRX-1 for the hospital security TGID, but nothing on the BCD436HP. This is the channel that I have set up as MotoTRBO, so now I'm going to reprogram it as a DMR one frequency.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Definitely trial and error, but that's how you learn. The hundred years are the hardest.

Status
Not open for further replies.