BCD436HP - Provoice install code error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastiff2013

BCD436HP

I purchased Provoice and the key appears in my account. I updated the Sentinel firmware (way over due) and I entered the Provoice key and I got an error message, wrong code. After 5 times, I thought I ask for help.

I thought I installed it before the update. After I updated to 1.11.31 I thought I check and I had the option to install the Provoice key so I assumed it was erased after the 1.11.31 upgrade. Is that the way it works, erased after the Sentinel update????

After I get the key installed what is a quick way to verify that it is installed?

I assume it is easier to install the key on 536 rather than turning the knob on the 436.

I verified that I have 1.11.31 installed.

Thanks!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Upgrading firmware does not remove any keys. You should not have to re-enter it.

If the key has been properly applied the scanner will tell you that when you go into the upgrade menu (there will be no opportunity to enter the key).

Mastiff2013

Upgrading firmware does not remove any keys. You should not have to re-enter it.

If the key has been properly applied the scanner will tell you that when you go into the upgrade menu (there will be no opportunity to enter the key).

Tried to input again, "Incorrect key entered". Is there a number I should call?

ChrisABQ

Make sure you have the latest version of Sentinel installed as well. Latest Sentinel software and latest BCD436HP firmware both need to be updated.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you entered your scanner's ESN correctly when purchasing the upgrade then the key issued is correct. Please recheck everything. All CS would do is ask me to issue a new key...but all you would get is the same key you already have.

Mastiff2013

Make sure you have the latest version of Sentinel installed as well. Latest Sentinel software and latest BCD436HP firmware both need to be updated.

I verified I have 1.11.31 installed.

Verion 1.07 is installed for BCDx36.

Mastiff2013

If you entered your scanner's ESN correctly when purchasing the upgrade then the key issued is correct. Please recheck everything. All CS would do is ask me to issue a new key...but all you would get is the same key you already have.

I just verified my ESN is my account.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I show that you have purchased only a DMR key. That is what is in your account (key ending CFEA)

Mastiff2013

I show that you have purchased only a DMR key. That is what is in your account (key ending CFEA)

Gads. I am sorry. Weekend warrior here and I do not use my 436 much and like I said I have not updated for quite sometime and my senile brain showed itself again.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The statewide system is Provoice, but appears to be almost entirely encrypted (and being replaced, I believe, by a statewide P25 system).

Status
Not open for further replies.