bcd436hp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

i just want to know if a user can program a favorites list from the keypad, without using the software ?. just like setting up almost any current scanner. thank you.

a prospective bcd436hp owner.

JamesO

i just want to know if a user can program a favorites list from the keypad, without using the software ?. just like setting up almost any current scanner. thank you.

Someone can answer that question more directly. I have not tired this in full, I have made adjustments to things I have programmed into the scanner from the scanner itself. I have a 436 & 536 as well as 396 & 996.

I think you can program the 436 Favorites list from the keypad and/or pull from the Master Database, however, I would really suggest the software as working from the scanner can be painful with ll the specific settings.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yes, you can completely create favorites lists on the scanner itself. Tedious, but not difficult once you know the structure of the FL/System/Site/Department/Channels layout.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber

Yes, you can program a favorites list from the keypad without using the software. Here is the video I made on how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1kHvFXTu1M

scannersnstuff

thank you to all. i've been setting aside my slush fund for around 7 months. i'll be taking the 436 plunge soon.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
great video,I have to ask why you say K4dps at the beginning of every video?

K4DPS is my amateur radio call sign and also the name of my YouTube channel. I say it for identification purposes.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
And I may add that you have a fantastic way of presenting your info on these new scanners, your mannerism's are of a very smooth explanation....You have done a excellent job helping people program there new complicated devices ....This is what this web site is about , kind people like you, THANK YOU.....

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
And I may add that you have a fantastic way of presenting your info on these new scanners, your mannerism's are of a very smooth explanation....You have done a excellent job helping people program there new complicated devices ....This is what this web site is about , kind people like you, THANK YOU.....

Thank you very much for the kind words. The videos are my attempt to help my fellow scanner enthusiasts with these new scanners so we all can get as much enjoyment out of them as possible.

SCPD

QRT
yep.

Thank you very much for the kind words. The videos are my attempt to help my fellow scanner enthusiasts with these new scanners so we all can get as much enjoyment out of them as possible.

And we appreciate that,I just wondered why you said your callsign when your username is your callsign.73s ,kudos.

baayers

I wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make all of the videos on how to use different features of the X36 scanners. It allowed me to have a really good understanding of how a lot of things worked even before my 436 arrived. That was also a great recording demo you made the night of the jail explosion. It was being able to see how things worked that helped me make the decision to pick one up so thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.