BCD436hp Quick Key confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfw1417

I have been reading the manual ... Someone has too ... The Easier to read manual ...

Anyway under the topic Understanding Quick Keys the following is written.

Favorite List Quick Keys (FLQK) - There are 100 Favorites List QKs(0-99) to use for your Favorites List.

Under the topic System Quick Keys (SQK) - There are also 100 System QK's (0-99) to use for your Systems.

Under the topic Department/Site Quick Keys (DQK) - You now also have 100 Department or Site QK's to assign to your sites and departments within your Systems.

So if I read this correctly there are a total of 300 quick keys available not counting the Search QK's.

Is this correct.

So what determines or how does one pick or engage the 3 different types of Quick Keys since they are all numbered 0-99?

The Brown Truck delivers my BCD436hp today. I am retiring my now obsolete HP-1 since it wont receive P25 Phase II and P25 TDMA. I wish there was a firmware fix for that. Less than 2 years old and all that money just wasted for it now :-(

Thanks in advance for clarification.

PhillyPhoto

There are more than 300 QKs, There's 100 DQK per System, and 100 SQK per favorite, so 100^100^100 = 1,000,000 possible different departments. That doesn't take into account the possible channels per department (I don't know that number off the top of my head).

You setup favorites however you want. I am thinking about completely redoing mine after actually using it for a few months now. Basically I have each county as a favorite, so one state takes up 0-4 another state is 10-14 etc for as many counties as I want as a favorite in a particular state. The I have fire as a SQK 1, EMS as SQK 2, and PD as SQK 3. The problem I've been running in to is that each has to be it's own separate system (1 for FD, 1 for EMS and 1 for PD). So if I want to run ID search, it will bring up IDs that are already known in the other systems. I'm also trying to name as many radio IDs and I'm running in to the same issue. I think I'll have to do it like it was intended and have everything in the same system and then break it down. My original thinking was I wanted to be able to enable/disable EMS/PD in a couple quick button presses regardless of what system they were on.

Anyways, to answer your question on how to access them, you use a period. So to get to favorite 1, system 21, department 56 you would press 1.21.56 and that enables/disables that from being scanned. I believe you can also set an individual channel/talkgroup with an ID so you can access it directly, but I haven't gotten too far into it.

Also, don't forget to take service types into account as well as turning location on/off when making a favorite depending on if you want to use the GPS or input your Zip code all the time.

FYI, P25 Phase II and P25 TDMA are the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.