BCD436HP quick keys don't match

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2QLT

I'm stumped. I have favorites lists programmed in Sentinel. The quick key numbers are all set up and show correctly on the scanner. But when I toggle the quick key numbers, an entirely different favorites list scans. One of the favorites lists actually comes up under two different quick keys, and one favorites list is completely missing from all of the quick keys. But there it is, all set up correctly when I go to the scanner menu. I've gone back to Sentinel and wrote to scanner (even checked off "delete favorites from scanner). I restarted the scanner. Nothing works. Help.

tvengr

Well Known Member
To toggle a favorites list on and off, you press the quick key number and then E. Is that what you are doing? In Sentinel, check that the same favorites list number is not used more than once in the profile. If you send two favorites lists to the scanner with the same quick key number, the quick key of the first favorites list will be accepted and the quick key of the second favorites list will be changed to None.

N2QLT

Thanks. In the end, I wound up doing a factory reset. Erased all of the favorite lists on Sentinel and started fresh. Now I'm guessing that I will have to reload my software upgrade.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. In the end, I wound up doing a factory reset. Erased all of the favorite lists on Sentinel and started fresh. Now I'm guessing that I will have to reload my software upgrade.

Just curious..... What do you mean by "reload my software upgrade"?

Ubbe

The factory reset will not restore it to the same state as when it left the factory. It will keep the latest firmware you have loaded and any upgrades you have done.

/Ubbe

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
fxdscon, I had purchased the DMR upgrade. I did not have to re-enter the key. Fortunately the upgrade was still there after I reset the scanner.

Yes, there is nothing that the end user can do, in the normal operation of the scanner, that will delete those upgrade keys.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Back to the original question, I suspect you had one iteration of a Favorites List or set of Quick Keys already programmed in the scanner. When you did a subsequent re-write(s), additional versions. When doing a Write to Scanner, it's good to check the Erase All Favorites box in the Write window.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm stumped. I have favorites lists programmed in Sentinel. The quick key numbers are all set up and show correctly on the scanner. But when I toggle the quick key numbers, an entirely different favorites list scans. One of the favorites lists actually comes up under two different quick keys, and one favorites list is completely missing from all of the quick keys. But there it is, all set up correctly when I go to the scanner menu. I've gone back to Sentinel and wrote to scanner (even checked off "delete favorites from scanner). I restarted the scanner. Nothing works. Help.
I suspect that what is happening, is that you are pressing the Systems quick key number to toggle them. But the scanner is treating that as a Favorites list QK.

You cannot assign more than 1 Favorites list to the exact same QK number. But for your System quick keys, you can use the same number either on multiple systems in that list, or on more than one list.

The quick keys, for lack of a better description, are in 'layers.

The first layer is the Favorites list, the second the system (on that list), and the third the department, or site key within that system.

So, you would first enter the respective Favorites list QK, a decimal point ("."), then the system's QK.
If you were trying to toggle a specific department on or off, then your entry would be FL.SYS.DEP keys.

See this Wiki page:

Also, the lower half of this one:

Also see this part if the Easier to Read Manual

Ubbe

It doesn't sound as if it is the problem you are having, but remember that quick keys stop working when you are not scanning. Whenever scanning are stopped you instead are using the number tag system that works the same way with three numbers with a dot between them, but they do not change anything that has to do with what are scanned, but could be confusing if you are thinking that you are doing quick key entering but nothing happens.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.