Status
Not open for further replies.

trunker

What firmware version do you have?
I know that the latest firmware is pretty buggy
F1 is favorites list 10-19, it should be F0:
S1 is system 10-19, it should be S0:
See this picture
D4: That means Departments 40-Departments 49.
It should be D0:, Departments 0-Departments 9

AIVJbye.png

If you're running the latest firmware, upman needs to address this.
For now, try doing 01.01.04 and tell me if that works.

You don't need leading zeros for QK selection.
You do need them to show QK status.
1.1.4 shows status of FLQK's 10-19, SQK's 10-19, and DQK's 40-49 but if you press E/yes will toggle Dept 4 in System 1 in FL 1.
01.01.04 shows status of FLQK 1, SQK 1, and DQK's 0-9 and will do the same selection as above when you press E/yes.

The first way is easier if you know what is on or off.
The second way helps you see what's on or off.

Last edited:

daveharpe

I tried the leading zeros thing and while it does show the status, it still does the funky thing where it says "ON" even when toggling off...

trunker

I tried the leading zeros thing and while it does show the status, it still does the funky thing where it says "ON" even when toggling off...

When you press Func in scan mode it shows site QK status for a trunked system and dept QK status for a conventional system.
When you press Func in channel hold mode it shows Dept QK status for both types of systems.

daveharpe

Yeah this wasn't while pressing FUNC. This is when pressing 01.01.04 E. It always says "ON" even when it is toggling the status to OFF (eventually - after a delay).

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Nothing has given me more headaches then the quick keys on the 436. I still do not completely understand them. If you have not done so, look at page 53 of the manual. It might just help with that (light bulb) turning on.

It helped when, after many days, I figured out that S stood for system, D for department, and F for favorites key.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Nothing has given me more headaches then the quick keys on the 436. I still do not completely understand them. If you have not done so, look at page 53 of the manual. It might just help with that (light bulb) turning on.

It helped when, after many days, I figured out that S stood for system, D for department, and F for favorites key.

If you look on page 53 in the latest manual PDF (which I thought might have a better explanation of how to use Quick Keys) the boxes on that page are blank but the pages before and after page 53 the boxes are populated.

Anyone else have this problem trying to view the new PDF manual's page 53 on Quick Keys?

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I was referring only to the manual that came with the scanner. In mine it shows some numbers, but if there is a newer manual I must have it !

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

daveharpe said:
Yeah this wasn't while pressing FUNC. This is when pressing 01.01.04 E. It always says "ON" even when it is toggling the status to OFF (eventually - after a delay).

Thank you! I thought I was going nuts.

trunker

Sorry, forgot about the real problem as I was watching your video and testing QK display.
I don't have the on/off or delay problem in my (4) radios. Is it just for this one dept? Any other DQK's or even SQK's exhibit this weirdness? Did you try resending the system to the scanner? Strange that it's only in your radio, unless...

policefreak, are you having the same (both) issues? You chimed in about going nuts.

daveharpe

I think the "always says on even when toggling off" is not a problem unique to my radio - a couple of others have mentioned it.

It could be the delay issue is with EDACS systems only. I haven't had a chance to test it against P25 or analog yet. If you have an EDACS you might try it as well to see what you get.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I discovered something new again last night, and I post it here only because it might help someone.

If you are having problems turning on/off the FAVORITES quick key (F) or the SYSTEM (S) :

Press MENU on side of scanner
Select "SET SCAN SELECTION"
select "MANAGE QUICK KEY STATUS"

It will then take you where you can turn the favorites key and/or system quick key off and on.

Last night I had a system key that just would not turn on the way the manual states. When I found this option, It showed that system key off. I set it to ON and no more issues.

Hope this helps someone.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.