BCD436HP Repair Campaign failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

macs436

I have submitted my BC436HP for repair, ref 5317 but have not received the first an secon replacments attempts to my home. I was told by Uniden that a signature will be required to receive my BC436HP from fedex but this has not occurred. I have asked Undien to obtain proof of delivery from Fedex but Gale the person I spoke to via Email has refused to obtain this information and has not let me speak to management. Why ?

Gale gave me a email stating she wants a second address to send too and that I should sign a form that if I do not receive the next delivery that's all Uniden will do.

Voyager

Why don't you contact FedEx if they have the package?

Sounds more like a FedEx failure than a Repair failure.

omrail

I have submitted my BC436HP for repair, ref 5317 but have not received the first an secon replacments attempts to my home. I was told by Uniden that a signature will be required to receive my BC436HP from fedex but this has not occurred. I have asked Undien to obtain proof of delivery from Fedex but Gale the person I spoke to via Email has refused to obtain this information and has not let me speak to management. Why ?

Gale gave me a email stating she wants a second address to send too and that I should sign a form that if I do not receive the next delivery that's all Uniden will do.

FYI I never had to sign for my scanners when FedEx deliver them.

macs436

I have emailed Gale 2 days ago May-16-2016 for a response from the manager but I have not yet received reply.

kc2kth

FedEx and UPS both allow you to arrange pickup of a package at their hub if you can't be home when they deliver. One you can pickup the same night that you call, the other requires a day's notice.

macs436

Confirmation of delivery

The more important question is why Uniden has not asked for proof of delivery which the carrier provides.

omrail

I was told by Uniden that a signature will be required to receive my BC436HP from fedex

Uniden said they would make sure a signature is require.

Just giving you my experience that I have had on 3 separate shipments from the repair center. It is a 3rd party (Gateway Freight Systems Inc.) that ships the scanners from Burlington. Maybe a signature was never requested by them.

macs436

An investigation request has been sent to management a few days ago. Its now June-3 2016 I am still awaiting a response.

macs436

I have called Uniden in the first week of July and was told the issue has been sent to corporate. It is now July 11 and I have not heard a response.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It depends on weather the shipper requires a signature, it is not FedEx. I believe Uniden requires delivery confirmation on everything they ship.

I don't recall having to sign for either of my repair campaign scanner returns or my non warranty repair last month.

ETA: I see that the OP is in Toronto, so the rules might be quite different in regard to FedEx or UPS.

I suspect that there is more to the story than the OP is telling us.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
For what this worth: The SENDER determines when a signature is required or not. They pay extra for this.

My 436 is due to arrive tomorrow from UPS; I scoured their website notice for me and it does not say signature required; at times it has said so in the past. Of course this is UPS in the U.S., not FED EX in Canada.

So basically this post says nothing important, except FED EX should be able to tell you whether a signature is required or not.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Some good news

I received both my repaired 436 and my Whistler TRX2 yesterday at the same time by UPS. I hugged him.

Wanted to say that my 436 arrived in excellent condition. At first I saw bumps and bubbles on my screen protector, then figured out it was a protective film. When I turned it on, it asked to set the clock. My initial shock was followed by my thinking that this is a first startup for it, so I entered the info and it has not come back.

I also included a note to Uniden that when my LED flashes, so does the screen. The screen would flash to dim and back again while the LED was flashing. They fixed that as well.

The SD card was exactly as it left here. Both problems fixed. No damage. So, thank you Uniden for stepping up to the plate on this and doing a good thing. My 436 came back better then when it was shipped. THANKS! Greg

(I did have to sign for it)

macs436

I have called Uniden 1-800-297-1023- today July-18-2016 at 15:30 HR EST and spoke to Josh. It appears there may have been an error with the address returning my BCD436 to my adddress as he had another address on file.

I will be awaiting a call back from customer support.

macs436

I have received an Email from LisaIwai infomred me that "If customer claims our shipment(s) delivered but not received, we require a signed affidavit, notarized.

I am awaiting a reply to my Email as to why Uniden does not get proof of delivery from Fedex, which is a signature that the product was signed for.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
If they are too cheap to insure the packages against loss, then it should be no questions asked send you another scanner. I find it hard to believe they didn't give you the tracking number so you could lookup where it was delivered, when, and where it was left or who signed for it.

A signed affidavit? Are they serious? Is this the 1st or 5th scanner they've sent you that you haven't received? Surely they know that there will be a certain amount of loss in shipping. Way too much of a hassle. After all, it's their failure that necessitated sending it back in the first place.

Sounds like even Amazon has better customer service than this.

Glad I saw this thread, and good luck.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We must have a signed affidavit in order to file a claim with the carrier. This is not an unusual request.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I have called Uniden 1-800-297-1023- today July-18-2016 at 15:30 HR EST and spoke to Josh. It appears there may have been an error with the address returning my BCD436 to my adddress as he had another address on file.

I will be awaiting a call back from customer support.

Has anyone checked with the address it was sent to? Years ago I did not receive a package I was waiting for, and the Postman told me where it went. I walked up to the door, knocked, and got my package, several days later. She claimed that she was planning to contact USPS, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.