BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Bcd436hp scanner Rx uhf issue

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
They will replace the circuit board which will include the C1 capacitor.

I guess I would pick up the copper tape first, you'll have it in a couple of days and see if that improves the problem, if it doesn't then there's another issue.

Ok how much is the replacement fee?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Ok where would i find that? In the scanner or sentinal?
On the serial number on the exterior of the radio the fifth number will indicate the year of manufacture so look for a four as the fifth number.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I would first confirm if yours has capacitor C1 or not.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Too bad Jon disappeared into the woodwork....
Wasn't he doing them for a while...?

Speaking of, does anyone know what is up with Jon?
After the Federal hospitality, he was very active with his Uniden business, them crickets.
Did everyone get their radios back that were sent to him for GPS/CSJ, etc...?

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Ok looks like it didnt do anything on the freq. Scanning or monitor. I keyed up. Only came over the 125at scanmer not my 436.
You say you "keyed up" are you testing by having a fire dept radio in the room with you?

If so, that can easily overload the front end of the radio.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I would first confirm if yours has capacitor C1 or not.

Makes sense, I wonder if the repair would include replacing the board along with C1. If there is no issue with the clock or a dim display I guess they could just replace the capacitor.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Makes sense, I wonder if the repair would include replacing the board along with C1. If there is no issue with the clock or a dim display I guess they could just replace the capacitor.

The repair campaign ended several years ago.

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
On the serial number on the exterior of the radio the fifth number will indicate the year of manufacture so look for a four as the fifth number.

Back of scanner? I only have fcc id and ic then a barcode #.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
See this:

Looks like your scanner was built in 2018.
Which I would guess puts us back to square one, I don't remember all of the dates since Uniden never actually made it public when they fixed the problem on the production line but it had to be before 2018.

Just wondering original poster.. is your display bright, do you get a prompt when you turn the radio on to reset the clock?

Does anybody else know when Uniden quietly began to replace the C1 capacitor on the production line?

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Which I would guess puts us back to square one, I don't remember all of the dates since Uniden never actually made it public when they fixed the problem on the production line but it had to be before 2018.

Just wondering original poster.. is your display bright, do you get a prompt when you turn the radio on to reset the clock?

Does anybody else know when Uniden quietly began to replace the C1 capacitor on the production line?

Screen is fine. And clock is fine. No prompt.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

They actually had 3 different versions of the board. The original with no provision for C1, one like mine in which the board had a place for C1 but it was absent and one with C1 installed. Mine was one of the very first to have the board replaced and it had the place for C1 buy it wasn’t there.