BCD436HP scannerNot recieving some of East Pierce County Wa. Sheriff office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulfe

5-18-2020- 8:33 am

I have a brand new BCD436HP scanner and it is not receiving any transmissions for my location, I am in Washington state, Pierce county, (Uniden support ID 612230) walked me through the Sentinel software set up, because I am (dyslectic). All the frequencies for the Pierce County Sheriff's Office in my are in my scanner. But for some reason . It is picking up all the departments channels but the one I am in. Even though it is programmed in. All the setting are correct. Tried changing the Band plan from NFM to FM for that department and the step from 12.5 to 6.5, I think. And no difference. In reception. Can some one help me. It is funny because I can hear my East PCS on the Broadband Web sight for East Pierce County ,Wa..Sheriff Office an can hear my immediate area. But not on this new scanner.
Allso when I talking to uniden tec support. He check to see if this Sheriff office may be encrypted, an it not appear t him that it is.

Any new Ideas, Uniden Support is suppose to get back to me Maybe

Wulfe

tvengr

Well Known Member
I suggest that you click on Report and request that your thread be moved to the Washington forum. There are a lot of people in your area who can better answer that question.

RBMTS

Did you use the Sentinel program to update the database in your scanner? Finally, did you turn ON the proper service types for LAW DISP, etc?

RBMTS

Another suggestion . . . in case your FL has "location" turned on - it would be best to turn it off. Your scanner might think that it is in a totally different location and it won't let you properly receive what you want it to.

PCSO dispatch is not encrypted, but their tac channels are. Note the "DE" on the SS911 db page. The capital "E" means that it is full time encrypted. South Sound 911 Trunking System, Lakewood, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

Wulfe

Another suggestion . . . in case your FL has "location" turned on - it would be best to turn it off. Your scanner might think that it is in a totally different location and it won't let you properly receive what you want it to.

PCSO dispatch is not encrypted, but their tac channels are. Note the "DE" on the SS911 db page. The capital "E" means that it is full time encrypted. South Sound 911 Trunking System, Lakewood, Washington - Scanner Frequencies
OK I found that page and the Tactacal 1-2 DE, But that should not affect normal dispatch and car talk according to the uniden tec support. thay wolked me though the set up on Sentinel. He could not exspain why I was getting other PCSO talk.
But thank you for trying.
I can not find the talk group for wa state yet.

Wulfe

I turned the Location of on all of my FL, but iam not able to locate the WA. sight. do you have a link Please. Allso I requested the transfer, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.