BCD436hp scanning issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPixel

I got a BCD436hp yesterday. I had favorites lists of several systems ready to load before I got the scanner so soon after I took it out of the box I uploaded the lists to the scanner. I've found that when I'm scanning a conventional system that's mostly VHF Low band it will only stop on the first channel that I programmed which happens to be a Fire/EMS dispatch channel. When a transmission comes across that channel it stops and I hear the transmission but it won't stop on any other channels in the list. If I manually scroll to another channel I can hear radio traffic loud and clear but it won't stop on that channel when scanning. It may also be the case with one of the trunking systems in a neighboring county that I scan where it'll stop on the first talk group but not stop on any others.

And yes I'v checked and the channels are not avoided.

Any ideas?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might try starting Sentinel and editing the profile that you programmed to your scanner. Service Types is the second tab.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Right but if I upload from the scanner to the PC won't that update what I have in Sentinal?

It does.

This is a "different strokes for different folks" deal. I find it quicker and easier to make a single change on the scanner and then make the same change in Sentinel.

With reading from the scanner, you have to connect the scanner, put it in Mass Storage, read the scanner then disconnect the scanner.

The way I do it, involves just a couple of mouse clicks and I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.