BCD436HP Screen Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

I have a BCD436HP. How can I get the screen light to stay on at all times. I mostly run it on power and I'd like to keep the screen lit at all times.

In the ID Tracker III program there is a button to turn it on, and keep it on, even after closing the program.

Thanks, Bob.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD436HP. How can I get the screen light to stay on at all times. I mostly run it on power and I'd like to keep the screen lit at all times.

In the ID Tracker III program there is a button to turn it on, and keep it on, even after closing the program.

Thanks, Bob.
Go to menu, display options,set back light,mode, timeout, infinite.

K4EET

Chaplain
@BobFam, just as a polite suggestion, please see this related post of mine:

You would be surprised to find out what all your scanner can really do by reading the manual. Pressing "VOL" and then "FUNC" and then "VOL" again will put you in the P25 Adjustment Mode where you can see the APCO Decode Error Rate, P25 Condition Mode, Threshold Level and Threshold Voltage. You exit this function by pressing "VOL" again. This is covered on Page 59 of the Owner's Manual that can be downloaded from this link:

Uniden BCD436HP Owner's Manual Download: Uniden Support - Downloads and Manuals

Cheers! Dave

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber

BobFam

I am glad someone else has problems with the backlight. It's annoying. I run it powered most of the time and want the backligt to stay on no matter what I do.
I know it can be done using the ID Tracker III software and once it is set on it stays on even when I close the program. Bob.

freqseeker

I am glad someone else has problems with the backlight. It's annoying. I run it powered most of the time and want the backligt to stay on no matter what I do.
I know it can be done using the ID Tracker III software and once it is set on it stays on even when I close the program. Bob.
Menu>Display Options>Set Backlight>Set Mode>Squelch=Off>Enter>Keypress=Off>Enter>Timeout=Infinite>Enter>Avoid.
That should keep the backlight on until you shut the radio off. When you turn the radio on you press the power/light button to toggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.