BCD436HP serial vs. mass storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
Ok. I have my scanner hooked up to my pc via USB to charge the internal battery. I am listening, so I chose serial mode.

I have a few questions.

Can you scan and be in mass storage mode at the same time? I can't find anything about this. The reason I ask, is while I am listening, I am working on my favorites list and I would like to upload it while I am listening.

Do I have to disconnect USB to switch from serial mode to mass storage mode?

What can I do with the 436 in serial mode while hooked up to the pc?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Ok. I have my scanner hooked up to my pc via USB to charge the internal battery. I am listening, so I chose serial mode.

I have a few questions.

Can you scan and be in mass storage mode at the same time? I can't find anything about this. The reason I ask, is while I am listening, I am working on my favorites list and I would like to upload it while I am listening.

Nope. Ever had an Ipod? Think of Mass Storage mode being like when you hook up your ipod to your computer/ITunes. Can't listen to music on the ipod while updating it. Same thing here. Mass storage Mode turns the radio into a thumb drive.

Do I have to disconnect USB to switch from serial mode to mass storage mode?

Just unplug and plug back in quickly. It will ask you again which mode you want to use.

What can I do with the 436 in serial mode while hooked up to the pc?

Serial mode in the HP-1 allowed programs to have remote access to the scanner. I am sure Uniden will have features like this (and more!) in the near future.
Stay tuned!
Marshall KE4ZNR

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
Ke4znr,

Thank you for the info! It's your fault I bought this scanner... you owe me... hahaha

Just kidding.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.