BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436HP simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Hello, very simple question i seem to not be able to find anywhere on posts related to this scanner.

I just ordered one, will be here Monday. My simple question is, like the BC346xt that i currently own, can I create my own custom systems? thanks

Last edited:

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
There are probably a thousand posts on this site about creating favorites lists, which is basically "creating your own system". Are you sure you looked?

DMSROX2

Yes, of course you can do that. The file structure is very different and programming is very different... BUT, once you get the hang of it it's fairly easy.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Hello, very simple question i seem to not be able to find anywhere on posts related to this scanner.

I just ordered one, will be here Monday. My simple question is, like the BC346xt that i currently own, can I create my own custom systems? thanks

Yes.

Anything you can do with the 346XT, you can do with the 436 (and more).

In the 346XT, Systems are "containers" that hold data for Groups and within Groups you have data for channels.

With the 436 a larger container concept is used. That bigger container will hold many systems. There has also been a change in terminology - the new word for "Groups" is "Departments".

You may wish to visit the link below. It shows what you should do when you first get your 436 scanner. You could also download the Sentinel program now and do some tinkering around just to get a feel for it.

BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
@ofd8001

perfect thanks! exactly what I was looking for! I'm big on Customization when it comes to systems and groups. especially when it comes to my conventional channel monitoring.

I have on my 346 a system that has groups starting with the first is my home town, and each one after that is every town that borders mine. same with my air, I have a system and each one of the groups is an airport that I enjoy monitoring or travel to or near frequently. I'm glad im not losing that ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.