BCD436HP site frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfboyd52

I understand the concept of site frequencies vs talk groups but I'm not sure why the scanner sits on the site frequencies when scanning versus just seeing the talk groups in the scan window. Somenone please explain.

jfboyd52

Deleteing unused site frequencies BCD436HP

Look in Sentinel or the RR database at the VIPER system in North Carolina, Guilford, Statewide Systems. There are hundreds of system talk groups and hundreds of matching (and some not so obvious) sites. I want to narrow it down to a few of the local systems in my area and the affiliated sites. I deleted the unwanted talk groups and left the sites because I don't know which sites to delete. It still scans all of the sites even though I deleted the system talk groups. How can I clean out the unnecessary sites?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Look in Sentinel or the RR database at the VIPER system in North Carolina, Guilford, Statewide Systems. There are hundreds of system talk groups and hundreds of matching (and some not so obvious) sites. I want to narrow it down to a few of the local systems in my area and the affiliated sites. I deleted the unwanted talk groups and left the sites because I don't know which sites to delete. It still scans all of the sites even though I deleted the system talk groups. How can I clean out the unnecessary sites?
You can easily do that in the Profile editor.

First, you need to determine which sites you need to keep, in other words, the ones that cover parts of your county.
Look at the information for VIPER in the database.
Right above the listings of the sites and their frequencies is a link labeled RR Locations.
Click that, which will take you to a page with all the site locations mapped.
Now, zoom in on the map, so that you can see your county, Guilford.

You'll see that their are two sites in the county. Click on the markers to see the names.
One, in Greensboro itself, is labeled as Greensboro, so you want to keep that one.
The second, near High Point, is labeled as "Riverdale Dr." That one needs to stay as well.
There is a third site, to the northwest of Burlington, in Alamance County, that covers the northeastern portion of your county. It's labeled as"Altamashaw". That site might also be a keeper.

Now, start Sentinel.
In the main Favorites list screen, click on your FL to expand the list of systems.
Click on Viper.
With Viper highlighted, in the left window, the right window pane will show the Departments and Sites in the system. The "Type" column tells you which is which.

In the right pane, use your mouse to click, once, on the sites you wish to remove.
Hold down the <Shift> key then click the first and last site of a continuous string of sites, or hold down the <CTRL> key and click selected sites to highlight them.
To delete highlighted entries, either <Right> click on them, and choose "Remove from Favorites list", or simply press the Delete key.

Once you're down trimming the unwanted sites, be sure and save your changes by either hitting the Save icon on the menu bar (looks like a floppy disk), or File->Save, or shortcut sequence <Ctrl> + <S>.

You could, of course, make the same deletions in the Favorites list editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.