BCD436HP Systems missing when 'Monitor Full DB' turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublea626

This happened before and I was able to get the systems back somehow, but forgot the methods I used. I set location and loaded the DB the first time after programming, but I don't want to monitor the whole DB. When I turn off the DB and go to 'Systems To Monitor', some have been disabled and no option to turn back on without turning DB back on. I know it's a simple fix, just not very savvy with the menu. Thanks for any help.

tvengr

Well Known Member
A couple of questions. Are you talking about favorites lists or systems? Are there quick keys on the favorites lists and systems?

Doublea626

A couple of questions. Are you talking about favorites lists or systems? Are there quick keys on the favorites lists and systems?
Favorites lists. It's weird, some systems stop coming in, so I go to the 'Systems to monitor' and some things will be turned off. No quick keys assigned .

tvengr

Well Known Member
A favorites list is composed of one or more systems. If you download from the database, you will get only the service types you have enabled. If those services types are not enabled in the scanner, they will not scan. If you create your own favorites lists from scratch and don't enter service types on conventional frequencies and trunked system talkgroups, the service type of frequencies and talkgroups defaults to Custom 1. In this case, turning off Custom 1 in the Sentinel profile or in the scanner will disable all systems where the frequencies and talkgroups have a service type of Custom 1. How many favorites lists do you have? If you are having problems with one favorites list, highlight the list and go to the File tab in Sentinel and Export to hpe file. You will have to right click on the exported hpe file and send it to a compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. In your post, click on Attach files and Open the zipped file. I will check the favorites list for problems.

Doublea626

I am dragging and dropping everything I want specifically into lists on Sentinel. The problem was that I was doing something out of sequence and the DB wasn't loading my profile settings to enable some systems. It ends up being remedied when I reload the DB and then disable DB monitor. I also tried turning off custom 1. Just confusing that they weren't showing up when I programmed specific settings and DB interfered with those systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.