Bcd436hp upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjay

I have a BCD436HP and live in the Chattanooga area. Is it worth purchasing the DMR/Provoice/ Trbo upgrades? Didn't know if there were many users of these systems in our area. Also, any news on whether Uniden will offer Nxdn? Thanks.

N2AL

I am not 100% but I believe I recall hearing that Chattanooga CARTA uses Moto DMR. You may also want to check out the Tennessee Railroad Museum because I think they may use something similar.

I believe both listing are under the Hamilton County listing under Tennessee on RR.com.

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum | Chattanooga and Etowah Train Rides uses FM, I've listened to them all week long while at work and the channel is quite busy at times on FM.

The only public safety agencies that I'm aware of who are running DMR in the Chattanooga area are all in north Georgia. Both Chattsworth PD and Murray Co. Sheriff's Office are on DMR, as are the Rossville Fire Dept., Catoosa County Schools, and Puckett EMS in Dade Co.

I bought the upgrade for my 436 and it works well. You'll have to decide for yourself if it is worth it for what you would like to monitor.

Good hunting!

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
SETHRA on 158.745 MHz is a good listen if you want to stay on top of traffic conditions throughout Bradley and McMinn Counties, but you'll need the BCD436HP's DMR upgrade (or a Whistler TRX-1).

Status
Not open for further replies.