BCD436HP USB Connections Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exivus

Has anyone else been able to deduce the USB connection as operationally inconsistent?

I have the exact same problem as others I've read on this forum.

I plug the USB cable in to the computer and it will inevitably corrupt the SD card with no other option but to format it (and even that is sketchy).

Perhaps we have defective units, but it *IS* an issue. It's almost like there isn't a solid consistent connection. Plugging it in causes the computer to hang whilst reading the drive. Nothing will recognize it. Unplugging the scanner in any way (even after safely ejecting/unmounting the drive) causes the SD card to become corrupt.

I've tried multiple SD cards, multiple USB cables and now even multiple computers. All with the same result.

Even the ARC536 page (ARC536 software for Uniden BCD536HP and BCD436HP scanners Sentinel HomePatrol Home Patrol free demo software Uniden 436 536 HP) states language to this effect:
"because of issues with the reliability of USB/serial port on the 436/536 scanners ARC536PRO must be used with the BCD536HP GPS/remote rear port or the BCD436HP GPS port for reliable virtual control. The use of the front/usb port is the users risk and may not work reliable. This is beyond our control. See software manual for details."

Going to call Uniden tomorrow and see if I can get some answers, but I'd like to hear from others that may have experienced the same issue.

Voyager

What type of PC? Are you using the latest 436 firmware that addresses such an issue with MACs?

Also, please don't confuse virtual control with a storage connection - two completely different things.

SCPD

QRT
I just upgraded to Windows 10 .. and have been having USB problems ever since. Until I remembered why .. like in Windows 8, I had to disable the Power Management for all my USB drives cause they would power down and not work. It was very annoying to have them not work.

They are working fine now. Just something to check.

Because you seem to get USB connectivity ?? .. this may not be your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.