BCD436HP Volume Knob Replacment

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

I need to replace the volume/push knob for my BCD436HP. Can someone give me the part # and also a good place to purchase the part. Mine is cracked and keeps falling off

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If the only thing you need is the knob itself, and not the scroll encoder or shaft, I sell a replacement.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
It is not the OEM knob. Jon custom makes these replacement knobs himself on a 3D printer. Uniden has not been selling spare parts knobs to theses scanners lately claiming they only have enough for repairs. That is why Jon created this replacement.

Jon's are available for $10 at the following site under the Scanner Accessories section (choose SDS100 Scroll Knob from the drop list). I believe the BCD436HP uses the same knob as the SDS 100 but Jon can confirm that.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The SDS100 knob will fit on the 436, but it rides a bit high because the encoder shaft on the 436 is a little longer. I have a separate version of the knob for the 436, but it appears I forgot to add it to the site. I'll get it added to the site tomorrow.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have a separate version of the knob for the 436, but it appears I forgot to add it to the site. I'll get it added to the site tomorrow.
Now I might have to get me one of these. What colors are available? Just kidding. Went on a trip in wifes car and knob came off somewhere under the seat. I don't see it and dont really want to remove seat.

Reconrider

Yo
Now I might have to get me one of these. What colors are available? Just kidding. Went on a trip in wifes car and knob came off somewhere under the seat. I don't see it and dont really want to remove seat.
u need some compressed air to help you move stuff. I’ll sell you a gas powered leaf blower backpack :cool:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Now I might have to get me one of these. What colors are available?
If there was sufficient demand, I could actually do custom colors. Minimum order of 10 or something like that.

In other news, the 436 knob has been added to the scanner accessories dropdown on the payment page linked previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.