BCD436HP Zip => Favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
I am new to this scanner and have read thru both Uniden and Markscanner manuals and am not sure if what I would like to accomplish is possible.

I travel frequently between Connecticut, Massachusetts and Maine. I have used the feature to populate Systems/Departments/Channels by providing Zipcode.

What I would like to do is select only one of these Zip-defined sets at a time (when in each state).

Is there a way I can define a Favorite Quick Key to toggle off, say, Connecticut and Massachusetts and toggle on Maine?

If I can find a way to do this, will it be disrupted if I use Sentinel to perform weekly updates?

Btw, if I understand Profiles, that might be a way to achieve what I am seeking but I believe that would require connecting to a PC running Sentinel to switch among Profiles (and my portable devices are limited to iPhone and iPad).

Thanks

Glenn

joeuser

The Wretched
Well you could get the GPS deal for $$$. Or you can be like me & be so tight only dogs can hear your flatulence... I program my favorites list (some of them) for areas I travel to & from. I use Sentinel, no need to waste a bunch of hard earned money to do it. Well, more than we have spent already on the rig anyway!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It depends on how much travel you do and how far apart they are. If you're commuting between two cities, quick keys and favorite lists will work fine.

But if you're making a multi-state holiday trip, gps and main database is the only way to go.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The down-side for the Favorites List option is that they are not updated if you do a master database update.

Changing zip codes in your scanner is a "poor man's GPS" - it will do the job and isn't too tough if you set a large range value. (The large range value keeps you from changing zip codes every couple of minutes).

Unfortunately you cannot assign a zipcode to a start-up key or Favorites List Quick Key. You'll have to do a little more number pressing along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.