bcd436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
when i got the scanner everything seemed to work fine until i hooked it up to update it. now it seems to not pick up my local fire. tried the app on my phone to be sure and the feed im listening to is picking it up.

SCPD

QRT
no?

I thought Upman posted he was putting the correct firmware on the uniden website,I read that on here.

woody_46

Connor make sure when you updated the firmware some of the service types or departments didn't get overwritten and turned off. I learned that lesson a few times already.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Connor make sure when you updated the firmware some of the service types or departments didn't get overwritten and turned off. I learned that lesson a few times already.

^This.

When you update the scanner, it updates the WHOLE scanner to match what you have in Sentinel, right down to the service types, avoids, welcome screen, you name it. Anything you did on the scanner previously by hand will be lost unless you first read them into Sentinel.

Best practice is to make sure you read in your current settings before updating the scanner and writing them back out. That way you won't lose any settings you applied by hand.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.