BCD436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire1429

Looking for any body that has had this problem with the 436hp.
Charged my 436 for about 24hrs with the supplied usb and batteries but does not want to turn on after 24hrs of charging, so I tried new regular batteries and it works for about 5 min and then just turns off by its self so when I turn it back on it does the same thing. Any body have this issue with this unit, im getting it ready to send it off to uniden repair but just hoping that I wont be charged since I only have had it about 6 months and it was hardly used.

fire1429

Yes the auto shutoff is disabled. I also did not mention that I purchased different rechargeable batteries that came with their own charger and after making sure the batteries were charged I placed them into the scanner and it still did not turn on. But it turns on just fine when its plugged into the usb charger.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Got me then might have fried something when you were charging the batteries in the scanner.After reading some horror stories on here over the years I quit charging in the scanner unless I am in a pinch. Good Luck.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

fire1429

Thank you going to try and send it off asap bad thing is im on an 8-5 schedule till the end of the month so going to try and do it on Saturday.....

cuelc001

Here is what you need to do...I found this out from Uniden themselves. You MUST leave the scanner on for 2 days straight while it is plugged into the USB port.
The scanner has an internal battery that must be charged up.
Just turn the volume down while you are not using it and leave it plugged in.
Then once your internal battery is charged, shut the entire scanner down and charge the re-chargeable batteries for a good 6 hrs.
This may sound confusing but it works.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Here is what you need to do...I found this out from Uniden themselves. You MUST leave the scanner on for 2 days straight while it is plugged into the USB port.
The scanner has an internal battery that must be charged up.
Just turn the volume down while you are not using it and leave it plugged in.
Then once your internal battery is charged, shut the entire scanner down and charge the re-chargeable batteries for a good 6 hrs.
This may sound confusing but it works.
Pretty sure what you describe is only for the clock to function properly.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.