bcd436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are the Service Types set On (Fire Dispatch and EMS Dispatch)? Are/is the appropriate frequency programmed in the scanner?

Also note from Suffolk Co New York's RR data page:

Suffolk County Fire Rescue Emergency Services (FRES) will be moving off of Low Band (46.46) and onto a UHF paging system.

The UHF Paging system will be split into an East (FRES EAST) and West (FRES WEST) system and dispatch departments on the East or West part of the county on the respective frequency.

All County Low Band operations will move off of the current frequencies an onto the new 700 Mhz Phase II trunk system once the system is operational.

As of early 2018, the system is still in deployment and is not yet commercial.
Maybe the finally got around to it.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Tone-outs as opposed to PL/DPL...

Tone-outs are audible tones that activate a receiver. The receiver stays silent until the tone-out activates it. (I believe the receiver must be parked on the service you have assigned a tone-out. In scan mode it doesn’t work? Corrections welcome.) Basically, it turns your scanner into a tone activated pager.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I was presuming he no longer hears the tone and voice transmission alerting responders to a call for service. "Tone-outs" (with the S) is jargon for tone and voice paging among many other phrases. "Knock-out", "Tone Alert", "Tone drops" are among others.

"Fire Tone Out" is a feature found on many scanner models that allow a scanner to function similar to a pager. As you describe, it silently listens to the frequency on which tones are broadcast and when the appropriate tone group is received, the scanner will open the audio circuit so that the remainder of the dispatch is heard. The audio is closed after a predetermined time.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I was just pointing out that time-outs and PLs aren’t the same thing... thinking that misunderstanding should be put too bed first. (If there was that confusion.)

Status
Not open for further replies.