BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary985112

Hi Everyone,

While scanning bands that are not saved in the main database, I find a control channel. I press e/yes to save the control channel. I hit save as favorite, new favorites list. The option to select system type does not pop up for some reason (the one that says select system type, p25 trunk, p25 x2-tdma, p25 one frequency, motorola, etc.)

It's like it just saves the frequency but never gives me that option to choose the system type. Any ideas?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

While scanning bands that are not saved in the main database, I find a control channel. I press e/yes to save the control channel. I hit save as favorite, new favorites list. The option to select system type does not pop up for some reason (the one that says select system type, p25 trunk, p25 x2-tdma, p25 one frequency, motorola, etc.)

It's like it just saves the frequency but never gives me that option to choose the system type. Any ideas?
Since you are finding it during a search of what the scanner treats as conventional channels, the frequency is saved as conventional. Unlike the older scanners, such as the 396XT, where you could specify "control channel only" as a search parameter, you don't have that option in the x36HP nor SDS series scanners. Also, while you could obtain control channel data output on 396XT, among other scanners. that is not an option on the x36HP nor SDS series scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.