BCD535 true test

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I am about to give my 536 the test. I am traveling to Wisconsin and will rely on the database and GPS alone to see what happens. There are favorites but i will turn them off during the trip. Looking forward to a pleasant experience with the radio.
I will post results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wally46

Feed Provider
I did the same thing with my 436 and was very pleased with it. It was so neat how it would do it's thing and I didn't need to touch it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Leave favorites on, if setup correctly they will turn off on their own and re-enable when you return home.

Only if the favorite lists have location control enabled. If not, they will stay on all the time.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Been here in Wisconsin since Monday. BCD536 performed flawlessly. Once you get the combination of services and range to your liking, you can just leave the full database and not worry about favorites. Not one problem with the radio on the MPSCS system, it decoded it flawlessly. Ohio MARCS sounded excellent. Compared to my Pro 197, which came with me last year, this radio beat it hands down, even the digital decoding.
On a side note, I have my 436 with me. Not one issue with simulcast, and no issues with P25 VHF, as I have been listening to the National Park Service Apostle Islands channel. I had my problems with the radios, but it seems they are pretty much ironed out.
For information, my 436 is running 1.02.07 firmware.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Nice to hear some favorable comments for a change! Thanks for posting.

What device are you using for GPS?

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I use the Uniden GPS system. I basically just tossed it on my dash behind the radio...no problems. Relatively accurate...LOL...when I initially set it up, it insisted I was in Orange County, NY...despite being in Putnam County, NY and a good 23 miles from the Orange border!

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden GPS is awesome. I use it when my wife and I take trips and it performs flawlessly. I love that I don't need to touch the 436 from the time I get into the car till the time I get out of the car.

I'm also running firmware 1.02.07.

Status
Not open for further replies.